INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roku 3 as MC media renderer  (Read 2074 times)

John G

• Recent member
Roku 3 as MC media renderer
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:46:38 pm »

I've got a Roku 3 hooked up to a TV and sound system. I would like to use the system to play music from a MC server elsewhere on the network. The Roku media player can see the music server, but I would prefer to use the Roku as a renderer and access the music from the MC interface, rather than the Roku media interface. I used to be able to do this with Western Digital TV Play devices, but can't seem to make it happen with the Roku 3.

Any suggestions, or pointers to other threads on this topic, would be appreciated.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Roku 3 as MC media renderer
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:50:38 am »

The simplest way would possibly be to install gizmo app to an android phone and use that to send music to the roku. You'll need to enable the media network option in mc if you havent already, and use the unique key generated when you link gizmo to your mc network.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

John G

• Recent member
Re: Roku 3 as MC media renderer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 05:37:04 pm »

The simplest way would possibly be to install gizmo app to an android phone and use that to send music to the roku. You'll need to enable the media network option in mc if you havent already, and use the unique key generated when you link gizmo to your mc network.

That's what I'm really after. The problem is that the Roku doesn't appear as a renderer in MC, on a computer or a phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up