INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying display of folders/files over DLNA  (Read 1951 times)

daemon4001

Modifying display of folders/files over DLNA
« on: April 30, 2017, 04:50:06 am »

I posted this in the main forum but didn't get any replies so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

I'm trying to change the way my Samsung smart TV views the folders of video content when streaming via DLNA. I've come across the "customise views" option within Options>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA Servers and think that is the solution to my problem but can't get it to display what I want.

I was previously using Serviio and, when connecting via DLNA, I had three folders visible and I'd like to replicate them with JRiver. The most important one showed the last video files imported into the software as thumbnails which were then playable simply by clicking. No matter what I try, all I can see are folders in alphabetical order as opposed to going directly to the thumbnails/video files.

I know this must be possible as when I go into the default "Movies" folder provided by JRiver, it displays all the movies as thumbnails, organised by name. I want the same but all video files (not just movies) and organised by date imported. Then I'd also want a folder showing my root video folder on my computer (e.g. C:\Users...\Downloads) which would display both the folders and loose files - I've managed this but without the loose files which on Serviio appeared as thumbnails) And finally a folder of last videos watched, again as thumbnails.

I couldn't find how to do this anywhere on the forum - though this page would have helped if I was only setting up audio - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70195.0

I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but if there's any guide for how to do it, or you can give me some tips, I'd be very grateful!

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Modifying display of folders/files over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:44:31 am »

The simplest way for me is to attempt to customise an existing view. When you click save it says you shouldnt overwrite a default view, so would you like to make a new one?
Once you have your views working in mc, you need to add them in the media network options to make them visible to gizmo/webgizmo and dlna devices.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up