INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with smartlists (?)/CD burn  (Read 1021 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Help with smartlists (?)/CD burn
« on: July 11, 2003, 08:11:54 am »

Hi. Before going on holiday, I am going to burn some .wav-CD's from my library (which consists of mp3's). Is there a short-cut like drag and drop into a smartlist/playlist icon, while still keeping an eye on the total length/bitrate (i.e. not exceeding 80 minutes or 700 mb)?
I'm afraid I was too much in hurry to make the help file help me out with this. Also, I'm quite unfamiliar with play- and smartlists.

Thanks in advance,

Ole K

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Help with smartlists (?)/CD burn
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 08:40:38 am »

. . . . . or, perhaps, forget the drag-and-drop thing. I guess I may just create a smartlist. But: what if the smartlist criterias makes the list exceed let's say 80 minutes, how do I delete one or more tracks from the smartlist (without removing them from the library)? Sorry if I mess this up a bit . . . . .

Ole Kvaal

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 09:00:22 am »

You want the "limit" modifier. When you createthe smartlist, click "add modifier", then "limit". Then set how many tracks, minutes, or MB you want returned.

There is no way to manually delete the contents of a smartlist. You just have to set up the rules the way they should be. But you could highlight the tracks of the smartlist, right-click, and send them to a new regular playlist, which you could then modify to your liking.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 10:02:08 am »

Got it! Thanks a lot. I think I am beginning to discover what might be The Wonderful World of Smartlists . .

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 12:05:42 pm »

I think I am beginning to discover what might be The Wonderful World of Smartlists.

It took me about 9 months of using MJ/MC before I really figured out how cool smartlists are. Another interesting thing is that you can use almost all of the smartlist rules with view schemes. It's very handy when you realize how much more powerful the rules are when combined with view scheme sorting options.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up