INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buffering and Hi Res Music  (Read 1791 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Buffering and Hi Res Music
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:46:27 am »

Everything is fine when I listen to CD-rips on JRemote. However, when listening to hi-res music, the music stream is slightly less than just-in-time and that leads to a very unpleasant breaking up of my music. Is there a setting that allows music to be downloaded ahead of playback so all or most of a track is loaded and available for uninterrupted listening? I find this issue occurs in both a cellular and wifi environments.

teachscience25

• Recent member
Re: Buffering and Hi Res Music
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:06:06 am »

Tools>options>audio>>settings.  Go to memory playback and turn it on.  Play with whether to load a decoded file or the not decoded file and see which one works best.  I'm using the memory player option, not decoded, and other than a bit of latency, playback is without flaw.  I understand that MC22 is limited to using 1gb of memory for the files so really big files may have to refresh the memory during a track.  I've noticed no difference either way.  Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:45:46 am »

This is very helpful. Can I get some definitions as to the memory playback options? I get the first ("no memory playback").  What is the difference between the other two option:
  • Load Full file (not decoded) into memory, and
  • Load decoded file into memory?
Thanks.

teachscience25

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:00:53 am »

Files like flac must be decoded before they playback.  The first option loads the file before it is decoded and decodes it from memory.  The second option decodes the file and then loads it into memory.  The second option will, theoretically, limited cpu usage during playback.  I hear no difference between the two options.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up