INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help - JRiver 32 Channels  (Read 1839 times)

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
Help - JRiver 32 Channels
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:01:59 pm »

I am using JRiver to do tasks which can only be performed by pro tools/software. Now, I realized it may be possible to use JRiver's 32 channels output to replace my 18 Zones but it requires JRiver to expand the PEQ to incorporate individual channel DSP processing. I am trying to add several different Impulse response for the respective channel for convolution which I could do with Zones but unfortunately it is not possible with direct 32 channels processing or I do not know how to.

My rather elaborate guide on doing this with JRiver Zones can be found at https://goo.gl/eRuIwp.

I am sure you add the feature so that the PEQ to choose the output and DSP convolution for individual channels.

Thank you.
My complete system setup in website

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Help - JRiver 32 Channels
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:21:52 pm »

PEQ and other DSP only show the number of channels that has been set in Output Format. Did you set Output Format in the DSP > Channels to 32 Channels?

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Help - JRiver 32 Channels
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:43 pm »

Yes. I have set the output format to 32 channels but it would not work as how I have configured them with zones.

Currently, I am using 10 DACs. For brevity, it is one DAC for each zone with a special IR for convolution meant for each zone. No two zones IRs' are identical. Actual setup as can be seen in the link in my previous post, it was two zones into one DAC. But let's stick with one DAC for one Zone for now. I am using zones in MC to do what can only be done with Audiomulch or Cubase. It is actually amazing that MC could do it with zones, although I believe zones in MC were meant for actual different physical zones but I am using all the zones in one room to achieve what could only be done with pro audio tools.

Since MC is capable of 32 channels by setting in the output format, it may be possible to incorporate the zones and be treated as 32 channels. Currently, it is not possible because:-

1) I cannot tell MC to send a particular channel to a particular DAC unless I use hardware like RME ADI-6432/MADIface USB. I can do this with Zones but not with the 32 channels output.

2) Even if I somehow manage to send the 32 channels to a MADI device, I would still be unable to add different IR filters for EACH channel.

Actually MC already got all the relevant settings and it is only a matter of creating new options to incorporate the following option in MC23. It can be done, IMO but I am not sure if JRiver wants to as that would be bordering into professional application.

Anyway, I hope MC could incorporate the following features in their future build.

In the output format > allow the user to choose the number of channels > allow user to add the necessary DSP ( in my case, a special IR for that particular channel) > allow user to send the channel to any particular DAC he wants to. This is actually the same as the zones configuration that I am doing but all of them fall under one category.

Thank you.

My complete system setup in website
Pages: [1]   Go Up