INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many of my own computers does the licence cover?  (Read 4741 times)

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
How many of my own computers does the licence cover?
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:07:17 am »

At home, I have a Mac and a Windows computer.  At the two holiday houses there is a Windows laptop in each of them.  These computers also monitor the area CCTV so stay there

The site licence covers the computers at home.  However, if I use the licence key for a computer at the other house, my home computer goes into "Trial Expired" mode.  Is there any way around this?

Am I able to ask a question about JRemote here?  I loaded it on an iPad but when I come to load it on an iPhone, it demands a fresh purchase.  I know it is not much, but should I buy a replacement iPad one day, will I have to buy it again?

Thanks
If music be the food of love, play on

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How many of my own computers does the licence cover?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:27:02 am »

The license restore will work on several computers, just use the key

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/License

Your iTunes account will similarly allow installation on any number of i-devices running the same iTunes account.

So - you do not need to purchase more JRiver or more JRemotes, they will work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:13 am »

You can use one license in all 3 locations.  Here's how:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

If you're using both Mac and Windows, it would require a Master License.

I believe you need to log in to the Apple store with the same credentials.

We have a board dedicated to Remotes here.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 12:34:48 pm »

Yes, I have a Master Licence.  At home, everything works 100%. Today I am at a holiday house 110km distant which does not have an internet connection (I am in an Internet Cafe now)

The message I see is:  This is licenced to a different user, please change the user or restart the computer.  I had already restarted twice to see the same message. 

Can the program not be used unless there is an internet connection?  This is the only thing I can think of

Thank you

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:38:01 pm »

the program can be used without a connection, but of course things like registration etc. need to have internet

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 06:49:00 am »

The message I see is:  This is licenced to a different user, please change the user or restart the computer.

I've never heard of that message.  I've heard of similar messages that say something like "this was installed as Administrator".  But never that message.  Maybe you can read the message and write down exactly what it says.

Brian.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:19:54 am »

I think I got it working, thanks.  I copied the licence file that was given to me and ran that.  Immediately JR said "registered".  Maybe I did it in the incorrect order before...

Now for a different question:

There is no internet connection at the house, which, being in the sticks, also has very poor cellular coverage

However, I can make an iPhone into a wireless hotspot and connect an iPad to it (running JRemote) and the laptop which has JRiver on it.

Would it be feasible to use JRemote like this?  I see the key generated by JRiver

Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up