INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inadvertently Deleting Music  (Read 1285 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Inadvertently Deleting Music
« on: May 28, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »

I listen to my music mostly through JRemote. JRemote is connected to MC on the Id and the Id is linked to my music files on a NAS. When viewing an album, then selecting a track, expanding on that track by tapping the bottom of the screen, and finally selecting detailed track view, I came across that sliding a track to the left can delete the track: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TPnBORq-F7OHlFZlpMTFkzZFE/view?usp=sharing

One other note about my environment. When I set up the Id, I chose to allow read/write. Now I am worried that if I inadvertently delete a track in JRemote, I will delete it from the source music on my NAS. Is that true and what is the best way to prevent that from happening? Should I reconfigure the Id as read only? Would that take care of it?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Inadvertently Deleting Music
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:18:18 am »

That looks like the option to remove the selected track from the local jremote playlist, which does not delete the track from the server.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Re: Inadvertently Deleting Music
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 01:17:23 pm »

I'm not certain if that is a playlist or not. However, I decided to test this by duplicating "African Marketplace" (the same track as in the image) and deleting it from the JRemote. I then checked my music library on my NAS (still there), aborted and reloaded JRemote, and it too was still there. So far, so good.

So, general question- is there a way to inadvertently delete music from JRemote. Hoping there is not, but I want to go in with eyes wide open.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up