INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 imports TV show episodes incorrectly  (Read 1712 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
MC21 imports TV show episodes incorrectly
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:57:24 am »

I am ripping all seven seasons of the West Wing and ran into a problem with season 3.

The first episode is titled "Isaac and Ismael" but is listed as a special episode at TVDB.
This episode is picking up the meta data for episode 2 "Manchester Part 1".
All subsequent episodes are picking up the information for the previous episode in the same way.
The final episode (episode 23) is not getting any metadata at all.

Where is MC getting the information for the episodes?
How can I easily shift the data to the correct episode?
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 imports TV show episodes incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »

Well that's a weird one!

MC gets it's TV episode information from TheTVDB.com.  Specifically for this Show and Season:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=72521&seasonid=4361&lid=7

As you said, it's listed as "Special".  The only way I've found to get MC to grab this information is to use Season 0.  Season 0 is "specials" as far as I can tell.  If you then go to the Specials season in The West Wing, you'll see that this is episode one.  So, set Season 0, Episode 1, then do Get Movie and TV info, and it pulls up the right info.

The rest of your episodes should be identified, but notice that it starts at episode number 1!  So you'll want to renumber your episodes.  Also note that another episode there is considered a special also.

You might find the Fill Track # from list order tool useful here.  Or the Counter() expression.  Either one can be used to bulk re-number your episodes.

Good luck!

Brian.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 01:18:45 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion about S0E0. That allowed me to import the data for the special episode.

I manually updated all the episode data for that season (without changing the filenames) by right clicking on each and selecting "Get Movie & TV Info". The first box on this menu allows me to enter a specific season and episode to associate with the file. Now each file has been associated with the information for filename - 1.

Unfortunately there is still something strange happening. The new episodes (special and last episode of the season) have been placed in their own show name category: The West Wing. All other episodes are listed under "West Wing". So I trying to select all the episodes for season 3 will require accessing two different shows. I suppose I can still build a West Wing play list but I would like to understand how the name difference occurred.

All of my files have the format "The West Wing.SXXEYY.mkv". I don't see how the show name is changing from "West Wing" to the "The West Wing".
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:43:05 pm »

I can't easily explain how your Series name ended up with two different values.  But I can tell you how to fix it easily:  Just highlight all of the episodes with both Series names.  Then open the tagging window (Edit > Tag) and select the Series name that you want to use for all of them.  Press enter and it will change the Series name for all of them that you have selected.

As for the file names, you can easily change all of these in one shot using the Rename, Move, and Copy Files tool.  I have a template set up that names my TV shows like this:

[Series] S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name]

I do this to all of my TV shows after I validate them and make sure they have the right data.  It keeps all of the names on disk very regular and easy to manage.  You can use your own template.  I was just showing you mine as an example.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up