INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rdpwrap  (Read 2552 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
rdpwrap
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »

Does anyone have any experience using rdpwrap to admin their Windows 10 MC HTPC's? Is it possible to remote in via RDP without stealing the focus from Theater View, either in a new session, or the existing session using multi-monitor support?

If not, I might dive into this soon.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: rdpwrap
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:21:11 pm »

without stealing the focus from Theater View

That would be the tricky part. 

I admit I have no direct experience.
I would think that rdpwrap should do the job, leaving the existing session as is and allowing you to remote admin.
This could be an alternative to rdpwrap to multiple sessions: https://www.mysysadmintips.com/windows/clients/545-multiple-rdp-remote-desktop-sessions-in-windows-10

Cheers.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: rdpwrap
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:26:40 pm »

I had a chance to play with it this weekend and I'm definitely sticking with it for some uses. I was never able to rdp into an existing session (multimonitor or otherwise) but it works great for a secondary "rdp" or "remote" account for server management while the HTPC is in use. I'm debating moving MC to its own user account specifically for HTPC functions, which will allow me to muck with server processes on the secondary account while it's playing. I'll just have to keep using vnc to get into the HTPC session.

The other drawback I ran into was that I cannot seem to be able to log out of the remote RDP session once its been initiated. Therefore when I use my remote to shut down the HTPC from the main account it now asks me if I want to logoff the other users. I'll try to play with the settings some more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up