INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Files Being Deleted From Drive  (Read 2689 times)

davidsheen

• Recent member
Movie Files Being Deleted From Drive
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:25:07 pm »

I have  (HAD)  2GB  Drive with movie files that was fine util I shut down JRiver. When I restarted it the drive had been wiped clean ecept for thr Libary Folder the CACHE Folder And the *.jmd Files. This Has Happened 3 Times on three different drives. This last week I have been using software to get the files back. Am I missing something in file menu for this to be happening. Am recovering a 3tb drive right now, scan took nearly 30 hours and recovery is at 50% after 2 days    HELP Needed  Thanks    (I have 10000 Albums in my libary for a very long time No trouble At all but the movies files just get wiped)    Love this program been using it since ver 12  But this is a serious problem    Once again NEED URGENT HELP   Thanks David

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Movie Files Being Deleted From Drive
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:39:31 pm »

Please describe how you have JRiver set up and what version you use.

davidsheen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 07:26:29 pm »

Using Ver 22  Not Sure What u mean by what setup i'm using, Just the regular install haven't chaned and install opions, I made a libary on E Drive Called "Libary 1"  (No Quotes)    Then created the path, Then moved the files into the folder.  All went fine. All files were imported then I started to import movie info, still working fine. Got to about halfway then midnight (time for bed) And all was good. I'll finish it Today. Turn it on this morning do import again and nothing no files. Looked at the drive and it's clean eccept those files that i mention in the first post.  Thanks David     

davidsheen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:41 pm »

My Computer Intel i7-5820 CPU @ 3.30GHz   Memory 16.0 GB  Windows 10 64 bt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:12 pm »

What is the full version of MC?  22.0.108 is available on the MC22 board.

Don't put your library on a removable drive.  Put it somewhere on your local drive.

davidsheen

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:22 pm »

Ok Thanks Will Try That  David

davidsheen

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:39:02 pm »

Hi Again    No Matter what I do or where I put my movie files they are wiped as soon as I close JRiver. I even opened the libary folder and watched the drive files just disapear. Don't know what else I can do.  I have recovered three different drives (all connected to the motherboard) Can I ask is it a setting that I need to change.  Thanks  David

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 02:58:53 am »

Are you creating a library then putting your files in the library's folder?
Note that the library folder is used by MC and is not for media files. Use auto import to import your files from anywhere other than MC's library folder.

davidsheen

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 05:14:19 am »

Finally I've got it right. Thanks   I Had been putting the files in the libary folder. All sorted now and I can go back to loving this program. Thanks Again
Pages: [1]   Go Up