INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cursor movement in tagging window  (Read 2085 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Cursor movement in tagging window
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:05 am »

I searched for posts on this but came up blanc. I am trying MC now to rip and tag new classical music and I found a lot to like, but I also ran into some tagging issues. I normally have to change the "Name" field on an individual basis, and this is a lot of work, but it is compounded by the fact that I find myself having to click into this field for every new track. I am used to MP3Tag where the cursor in list view just moves to the same field of the next track. This speeds things up quite a bit. Is this possible in MC (Windows or Mac)?

Example of "name" field entries:
Daphnis Et Chloê, M. 57 Introduction
Daphnis Et Chloê, M. 57 Danse Religieuse
Daphnis Et Chloê, M. 57 Danse de Jeune Filles
to be changed into:
Daphnis et Chloê, M57: 1 Introduction
Daphnis et Chloê, M57: 2 Danse Religieuse
Daphnis et Chloê, M57: 3 Danse de Jeune Filles

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cursor movement in tagging window
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:22 am »

In the detail view (with the column/not the tag window on the bottom left) click the name field for the track you want to change the name to. Press F2 and it should allow you to edit the name, once done, press the downward arrow key to go to the next track bellow or up arrow key to go up.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:27:02 am »

It would be a really cool feature to be able to switch from file to file when *in* the Tagging Window.  Tab, or down arrow, or Right Square Bracket or something...  It would feel a lot less clunky than using the sideways way of editing directly in the field in details view.  Just an idea.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:29:28 am »

If you want to edit one particular field on a long list of files that way, especially if its a common field like "Name", you can just do it in the file list directly, instead of using the tag window.
Select the field you want to edit, hit F2 to enter editing mode (or use a slow double click), and just use the cursor keys to move down in the file list. Avoid pressing "Enter", because that stops the editing mode, just navigate to the next file with arrows. I just tested it and it works fine.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:56:27 am »

In the detail view (with the column/not the tag window on the bottom left) click the name field for the track you want to change the name to. Press F2 and it should allow you to edit the name, once done, press the downward arrow key to go to the next track bellow or up arrow key to go up.

Brilliant, that is exactly what I was after.
Pages: [1]   Go Up