INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server / Client: run auto import on server from client?  (Read 1693 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Server / Client: run auto import on server from client?
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:23:33 pm »

Hi,

Have MC 22.0.106 running on a Debian VM.  It is headless and running as the server.  It serves to 4 PCs running MC + a few DLNA devices

When I copy new content to the storage used by the VM there is often a delay until is is available in the MC library on the server

Is there any method from a MC client to trigger the remote library to which it is connected to run its auto import process?  Would like to avoid accessing the server via VNC and triggering the auto-import

thanks,

Steve

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Server / Client: run auto import on server from client?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:33 pm »

I dont think there is an option in jremote to do that.
What length delay do you experience? Mine is only 5 mins or shorter.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Server / Client: run auto import on server from client?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:38:59 pm »

Hi,

I haven't timed it, but it's more than 5 mins.  I suspect that file system changes are not being detected & notified to the jriver VM.

Storage for the media files is on a  CIFS / SMB share from a FreeNas server (FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4)
I think vfs full_audit needs to be enabled (in the CIFS config for the share) to track file system changes, however there are issues with this and copying files from Win 10 machines to the share.  I'll test this in the next few days

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up