INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And more on Tagging / Display  (Read 2760 times)

liffy99

• Recent member
And more on Tagging / Display
« on: June 12, 2017, 04:40:35 am »

OK
I have a compilation album with 38 tracks. All the metadata for the tracks is complete and varies track to track, with the exception of Album Name which is absolutely constant throughout. But Album View shows 38 separate albums each with one track !
I have tried copying tracks between albums (ie copying track 2 from the second 'album' to 'album 1') to no avail. Update library from file tags is checked. What am I doing wrong and how can I bring these 38 'albums' into one ?
Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: And more on Tagging / Display
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:39:06 am »

First, use the Tagging Window to make tag changes.  Edit > Tag .  You can select many files at once if you'd like to change all of them at one time to a specific value (like album for example).

In this particular case, you probably have the problem of a compilation album that has different values for Artist for each track.  The solution is to set [Album Artist] to one common value for all tracks.  See this article for full details:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

Good luck!

Brian.

liffy99

• Recent member
Re: And more on Tagging / Display
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:15:35 am »

Thanks bigentry.
Didn't see the Album Artist field until I'd opened the rest of the fields available !
Seems to have sorted it (although the visual update does not appear until exiting and re-entering Media Centre).
Getting to find my way around JR now - next steps will be to check whether I can run a secondary library (I keep one in MP3 for the car) and if JR 'mirrors' my FLAC library in the way that LMS does.
I guess I'll need to trust that an IPad app will control the library remotely and that I can get a software player installed onb my Raspberry Pi3 (I use picoreplayer at the moment).
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up