INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special library tags/items don't show after import... what to do?  (Read 2851 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

My MC Windows library has tons of individual tag fields, all defined within library options and stored within the music tracks. I defined the options with the appropriate library fields and ran 'import library'. The fields with the special tags are empty... ?

What can be wrong?

A hint would be very kind! I assume I just forgot to set something, but what? Did the definition a looong time ago, so it might be my fault

blgentry

Re: Special library tags/items don't show after import... what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:41:43 am »

I'm assuming by "import library" , you mean you ran Tools > Import > Run Auto Import Now ?  Or Tools > Import > Import a Single Folder ?

If so, it sounds like the tags in your files don't match the fields that you created in the "Manage Library Fields" dialog.  You could check some of your files with an external tag editor to see if the tags you expect to see in the files are there.

It would be easiest (and maybe best) if you could get Restore Library to work.  When you restore the library, all of your fields come over.  You don't have to recreate them by hand.  You don't have to import your media files.  Everything will be there already.  Of course you'll have to run Rename, Move, and Copy files to change the file paths.  As was discussed in your other thread that's related to this.

It's hard for me to figure out where things are going wrong, because you're reporting several different types of problems at once.  I wish you good luck in getting this sorted out.  :)

Brian.

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:59:03 pm »

Thanks Brian, for your input...

I am working with MC for many years now and on Windows all tags show as usual. Because my library setting restore didn't work, I printed out my definitions in Windows and entered them exactly the same way in Linux... oh, something comes into my mind: I didn't customize still the views (the lower part of the selection panes)... probably it's that, we'll see

And I'll run the library restore the way you suggested in the other thread.

I'll keep you posted!

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:43:30 pm »

Did a WHOLE Library restore, not just the 'settings' and guess what?
My library is complete and intact
I renamed the paths and it all works as intended!
Very happy here, to say the least...

A big THANKS to all who helped
Martin

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »

Very glad to hear you got it working.  :) :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up