INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MC  (Read 7552 times)

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
Problems with MC
« on: June 18, 2017, 09:01:14 am »

Tried MC 22, 21,20  on my  iMac 2011, Sierra, with and und without Avira. Useless! Pop–up–windows from the upper left Menu-bar floating around  everywhere on the screen !  Any idea?

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Problems with MC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 05:49:00 am »

Hi Gerhard,

Nice to see you are interested in MC, as a long time user I know you,ve made a wise choice.

The community is very happy to help, butttttttttttttttt, it is impossible to give any ideas based on the limited info you provide.

Perhaps you can give additional info like:

- how did you install MC on your mac
- what happens when you start MC
- what do you mean by an pop up window and when does it appear
- what information is provided in the pop up window

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:01:49 am »

Sorry for not getting more information and sorry for my English, I’m from Austria, but I try. However it is going to be spooky, so be warned!
I downloaded MC from your homepage. And all the trouble begins in the moment I start the program. The pop up windows are the windows that should appear when you click one of the menu elements in the main bar on the upper left. But they are not where they should be, they are somewhere on the screen, mostly on the upper half and they are flickering around, no chance to click anything.
And now it’s going to be very strange. I made a screenshot and the only thing you can see there is my desktop!!! No MC at all. So I took a picture with my smartphone, so that you can see how it looks like.
Thanks for any help!

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:09:58 am »

Hi Gerhard,

Very spooky indeed! Must say I have never seen this before. First question that comes in mind is if this happens with other programs also. If yes, then it is a mac problem, if no its is either a mac problem or a MC problem.

Hope other forum members can contribute to this problem also,

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:22:40 am »

No Problems with other apps…

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:41:30 am »

I notice you are running many items in the top menu bar.  I would suggest disabling all of those items and trying MC again.

I've been using MC on a Mac with many different versions (MC20 through MC22) and haven't seen this behavior on my Macs, nor have I seen it reported before.

Good luck.

Brian.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:41 am »

I don't know, if that's the reason. In the photo I sent you the spooky window is on the menu bar on the right Side, but more often it is right in the middle or Even on the left Side but not on the right Menu Element. And no matter where they are, it's absolutely impossible to click anything, every time I do this, the window is moving on! {Sorry, but it's really that spooky!}
Is there any Way to close on these menu elements on the right with one Single Action or do I have to delete it one by one{which is I guess the only Way}

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 11:24:48 am »

I probably find a solution, which is a bad one for me however, it conflicts with my speech recognition software Dragon Dictate which I use heavily. But now it should be possible to stream music from my NAS to my Ayon S10 just to see if sound Quality is better than with  Minim server I use by now. If it don't works, I am a beginner, I'm sure back again soon. Thanks meanwhile

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:51:13 pm »

Nice work finding the conflict.

I used to work with Dragon for Mac also, but at this moment I use the standard speech software of my Mac. It suits me well. But maybe that,s no option for you.

MC contains lots of sound options. From an equalizer to room correction, etc. It,s no comparison to minim server. Especially with an Ayon S10. But best is to experience it yourself.

Have fun!

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 06:46:28 am »

Media Center 22 is now working on my iMac, but I can't find it in UPNP-Lists on some apps of my smartphone, for example Bubble. And with JRemote it is not possible to connect to the server, maybe because I have only the test version and that provides me no username and no password and so I can't log in. Does this means that with the test version it is impossible to try media center in the UPNP environment to stream the music to my streamer?Thank's  a lot for your help!

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 07:30:19 am »

Hi Gerhard,

Test version is no different then the paid version. MC and JRemote

Check if Tools > Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to shared ...... is ON.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 07:41:36 am »

You' re great, Robertus, now see if MC is great as well ;)

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 04:21:32 am »

Here again with some questions. There are a few things, I don’t understand. If JRiver on my iMac is playing music from my  Qnap-NAS or even uses the library from my minim-server on my NAS {in which I did a lot of editing} who is actually playing/Streaming the music? JRiver or minim-Server?

Of course it should be JRiver, otherwise it would make no sense, but there is one thing that disturbs me. My iMac is in the network with  WLAN, my NAS and my streamer are connectet  with  LAN. And here’ s the point: I have some very high resolution files in my library, that never worked on WLAN. So I guessed that they can’t work with JRiver, because they have to go to the iMac with WLAN and then back again. But they work!  How can that be? If they are not directly streamed from the NAS to my streamer by LAN without  interactions with JRiver?

I hope my English was good enough to explain what I mean.

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 05:14:31 am »

JRiver is streaming/playing the music. If you want to check, shutdown minim-server and play with jriver.

Part two later . . . .

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 05:54:08 am »

Part two:

I gues you mean by WLAN -> WIFI and LAN -> Ethernet wired.

HiRes files usually don't play through WLAN, because of the high bitrate. JRiver has the option to transcode the original bitrate to a lower one. In that case WLAN doesn't give any problems. Check:

Options > Audio > Settings > DSP & audio output             then

select in DSP > Audio output

The sample rate gives you info about input bitrate and output bitrate. This is the transcoding when you play music. Check if the high outputs are downsized. This could explain the HiRes play on WLAN (WIFI)

The scenario where you play music on your wired streamer, from your wired NAS using a WIFI MAC, that is too technical for me. Perhaps someone else can explain.

blgentry

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 06:04:39 am »

While playing to your streaming device, you are probably transcoding to MP3.  Look at Player > Audio Path .  Look for the Output section near the bottom.  That will tell you what JRiver is sending to your audio device.  If, like I suspect, it is MP3, you can change that if you'd like:

Tools > Options > Add or configure DLNA Servers > (choose your profile here) > Audio > Mode > Original

Brian.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 05:42:25 am »

Thank you both for your great help. Yes it was MP3 and now it is original and strange of all even the high-resolution files make their way with Wi-Fi from the iMac to the router which was never possible from the router to the streamer before. I guess it’s because of the difference of distance {1,5 to 10 m}.
The sound of the media center is great, somehow warmer than with the  Minim server, which I like most of the time but not always. The only thing about media center that I don’ t like is, that I have to keep my iMac running all the time. Unfortunately my NAS (QnapTS 253 A) is not compatible with  JRiver.
So I’m not sure yet, what I’m going to do, I’ll see.

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 07:27:47 am »

Nice to hear you like the sound of JRiver. As already mentioned, there are lots of subtle changes to be made on the sound, so experiment with that.

As for the Mac Mini. If you have a pre 2013 Mac mini, use an energy scheme to shutdown the Mac mini during the night time. Post 2013 the Mac mini will go to a low energy state if not used. Mac mini,s usually don't use a lot of energy.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:45 am »

I have an iMac 2011 and I have to tell the computer {not the Monitor} never to go to sleep, because it goes to sleep, Even when media Center 22 is running...

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Apple Settings > Energy > scheme

There you can tell the Mac mini to go to sleep from for instance 23:00 and wake at 7:00

This means saving energy during sleeping hours. It's of course only an example. Use times that suit your own life.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 03:58:36 am »

Hello again, here is a new problem. I can’t add a new library, not my USB HD nor the folder that contains my music on my desktop  (media  center - audio - local library - browse - open - ok). I always get the message: Cannot create a new library at the specified location. The directory must be empty.
Any idea about this? And thanks a lot for your help!

blgentry

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 05:48:57 am »

What you want to do is Import your folders.  That Library function you found creates a whole new container for JRiver, which isn't what you want.

Tools > Import > Import a single folder

Or you can set up auto import to "watch" a folder (or more than one folder) so it picks up new music as you put it in that folder.

Brian.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 09:37:26 am »

Thank you Brian, that' s the solution.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 04:18:52 am »

May I ask another question please? I did a lot of tagging with  Kid3 and everything was all right with Minimserver, but when I imported the library into media Center 22 most of the information was gone. Is there a special way to import the library and keep all the taggings?

blgentry

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 05:21:59 pm »

You should probably start a new thread on this so the title reflects what you are asking about.

I've occasionally used external tagging programs and had MC pick up the changes.  If you are making changes to files that MC has already imported, you might need to do Library Tools > Update library (from tags) .   Or enable the global option "update for external changes".

Brian.

Gerhard0204

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 07:08:25 am »

Thank You, doesn' t  work as I want.  I' m going to open a new thread  in  the next days
Pages: [1]   Go Up