INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Apply This ViewScheme to ALL Libraries?"  (Read 2489 times)

LisaRCT

"Apply This ViewScheme to ALL Libraries?"
« on: January 14, 2004, 09:18:58 am »

I have a need (and a preference) to use a number of seperate libraries.
This has caused me to become very tired of having to repeatedly enter the same: View Schemes, Smartlists, Custom Tag Fields, etc, to each library.
This is not only a nuisence, but appears to be totally unnecessary.

Can MC be made to ASK when a new Tag Field, View Scheme, Smartlist, Etc, if they are to be applied to ONLY the active library, OR to ALL libraries.
This would make the repetitive work in setting these up unecessary.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
Re:"Apply This ViewScheme to ALL Libraries?"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 09:54:37 am »

I agree, and also the ability to change the view mode on a library basis. For speed reasons I need to separate out my images and audio files and it's a little annoying having to change the view each time I open the software.

Not a big deal now, but hopefully the true power of multiple modes of operation will be realized and it will become more important to be able to indicate how you use the software most of the time.

I can see future mode not only being audio, image and video, but also beginner, advanced, etc.

LisaRCT

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 10:53:42 am »

I can see future mode not only being audio, image and video, but also beginner, advanced, etc.

This has been brought up by folks as a desired feature as well as a way to make MC easier for newbies . . . .  but alas was also not acknowledged by the JRiver staff either way.  I guess there are just to many to address individually.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 11:23:26 am »

Use "Clone From" when creating new libraries to copy everything over.

Keep in mind that multiple libraries isn't the intended way to handle multiple media types, so it won't be as smooth.

Could "Access Control..."  that's in the coming build work? (out in a few minutes)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 01:09:23 pm »

Possibly yes Matt . . . .  I
Pages: [1]   Go Up