INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: convolution on DLNA JRiver server  (Read 1689 times)

renan

convolution on DLNA JRiver server
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:21 am »

Hello,

I'm using JRiver for a while mainly MC19 and 20 and now MC23 on windows 8.1

up to now i was using dsp for convolution on the local player and it works fine.

now I need to do the convolution on the pc with JRiver having the DLNA server activated to send through rj45 to a pi3/digione/volumio streamer (or renderer, i 'm not sure about the right term)

And I 'm not sure this is working correctly.
I modify the dsp in dlna server to put everything or at 44kHz or 192Khz and to use convolution (same file and filter than the one used for local convolution)
Volumio see the change in frequency . So at least for 44 or 192 it works.

Regarding convolution, using in local if i uncheck the convolution setting, the impact on sound quality is immediate.
When I uncheck the convolution in DSP DLNA there is no direct impact on sound. is it normal?

In local convolution, i can use "audio path" to know whats is going on. It seems that its not possible for the dlna setting.
So another question, is it possible to add the DLNA server to the list of mediathek? i did not succeed. I undserstand that the DLNA mediathek is in fact the local mediathek of the pc running the server. But do i need to add also the dlna mediathek . If so I ccannot do it and I have a network problem.

Finally a new option appears in MC23 regarding audio settings and the choice of sound card. We can now choose "network streamer". How does it work? Can I use this to connect to my renderer and do the convolution through the dsp of this items?

So quite few questions, I hope that you can enlight some of my thinking.

In fact i realize that a good way to be sure that convolution is active or not , is to create 2 zones (one with and one without correction). I did not do it yet. I'll do but i'm also looking for some insurrance on the software side to be sure everything is ok. In local, it is possible to see the ressourtces used in convolution and I'm looking for the same thing in my dlna dsp. unfortunately the convolution dlna dsp says "non active or non valid"

Thanks

Edit:
DLNA settings
"Specified Output Format" 24 bits and all set to 44Khz to use with convolution filter in 44Khz (or everything in 192Khz to use with filter in 192 Khz)
Pages: [1]   Go Up