INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Focusrite D16 AES - Reproduction stops on sample rate change  (Read 1208 times)

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck

I have a Focusrite D16 AES to drive a multi amplified system using 4 stereo channels and generally it works flawlessly except for an annoying problem as described here below.

Everything works as it is supposed except when I try to play a file having sampling rate different from the previous one. The driver Focusrite provides (2.0.1) has the ability to change data rate to follow what the source provides. The change in data rate sometimes happens automatically but most of the times JRiver stops reproduction and issues a warning saying: “Playback could not be started on the output ‘ASIO’ using the format ‘XYZ kHz 8ch’ “ and “The ASIO device ‘Dante Virtual Soundcard’ does not support the rate of XYZ Hz”. This is not true because the driver supports it and the prove is that by closing the warning message and playing again the same track. the reproduction this time starts to stop again at the end of that track with a message that says “Something went wrong with the playback”.

Thinking that the problem might be related to the time needed from the D16 to synchronize, I tried to increase in JRiver options “Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization” to 7 seconds with no results.

I am open to suggestions, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up