INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Genre to MC9  (Read 982 times)

wood930

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Adding Genre to MC9
« on: July 04, 2003, 07:01:51 pm »

Would like to be able to add other Genre's to besides the standard ones the system downloads. How do you do this. I've tried the wizzard button, but that doesn't let me add new names (like "greatest hits").

Thanks

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • TiVo-aholic
Re: Adding Genre to MC9
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 09:16:42 pm »

You can type whatever you want into the Genre field in MC.

If you F2 the field you can edit it ..

if you right click and go to the properties pane, you can type whatever you want in there ...

of in Quick Edit mode, you can <Assign New Genre> or so,mething lke that .. you should be able to find NUMEROUS ways to do this ..

BenFeese

• Recent member
  • Always learning!
Re: Adding Genre to MC9
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 07:56:45 am »

I am not sure if the original questioner was referring to my problem or not, but I also want to add a genre, but to the Search for Web Media drop down list.  I want to look for Web stations streaming Classical music, but I do not find "classical" among the genre options provided.  I know that "classical" is recognized in the web station database, since when I search for a particular classical station, using its call letters, it comes up in a window in which its genre is stated to be "classical"

Can you provide any help with this?  Your previous suggestions seem to relate only to genre's designated for various tracks in my local media library.
Live Forever.....Be A Teacher!
Pages: [1]   Go Up