INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save Streaming Locations?  (Read 1737 times)

andy88488

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Save Streaming Locations?
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:31 pm »

I'm pretty new to MC, and I'm really loving the higher quality sound as opposed to iTunes.

One thing that I can't figure out, though, is how I might save an "Internet Radio" station to a bookmark or something, so that I can easily return to it at another time. Does MC have any way of doing this?

Thanks,
Andy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Save Streaming Locations?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »

You can right click on it in playing now and send it to a playlist.

andy88488

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »

You can right click on it in playing now and send it to a playlist.

That's great! Thanks for your quick reply.

Andy

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 01:59:16 am »

It is, but, beware...

This adds the stream address as an entry to your library. This could cause it to crop up, for example, in a smartlist that generates a list of random audio entries from your library. That kind of thing. It's treated as just another audio track. I have quite a few saved in my library.

The trick is to tag them. I used a field called "Type" and set the streams as "Online Radio".
I then edited the "files to show" of the main audio branch to exclude all files of "[Type]="Online Radio""
Lastly, I created a new view under audio, that ignores the parent search rules, while itself, it's set to only include files of "[Type]="Online Radio"". This view is where I go to when I want a radio station of some sort to listen to. One of the bonuses of having them in the library like this is that you can also asign an image to them (Cover art) and tag them with genre, description etc. Just about all the ones I have saved also pause... and when you play, it resumes from where you paused... how neat is that? :)

I understand you've not been using MC for long, so hope that makes sense to you. I'm 'speed posting' as I'm about out of time here. Normally, I would take the time to expand upon that with pictures etc.. If you need that, just shout and either myself or someone else will explain further.

-marko

andy88488

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 07:47:09 am »

It is, but, beware...

This adds the stream address as an entry to your library. This could cause it to crop up, for example, in a smartlist that generates a list of random audio entries from your library. That kind of thing. It's treated as just another audio track. I have quite a few saved in my library.

The trick is to tag them. I used a field called "Type" and set the streams as "Online Radio".
I then edited the "files to show" of the main audio branch to exclude all files of "[Type]="Online Radio""
Lastly, I created a new view under audio, that ignores the parent search rules, while itself, it's set to only include files of "[Type]="Online Radio"". This view is where I go to when I want a radio station of some sort to listen to. One of the bonuses of having them in the library like this is that you can also asign an image to them (Cover art) and tag them with genre, description etc. Just about all the ones I have saved also pause... and when you play, it resumes from where you paused... how neat is that? :)

I understand you've not been using MC for long, so hope that makes sense to you. I'm 'speed posting' as I'm about out of time here. Normally, I would take the time to expand upon that with pictures etc.. If you need that, just shout and either myself or someone else will explain further.

-marko

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the clarification. I tend to use star ratings and generate my random playlists based on that. 5 stars only, 4 and 5 stars, etc. So as long as I don't rate the feeds, that's not an issue. But if I get enough feeds accumulated, I might start doing that, and then I will have the same concern you pointed out.

Thanks!
Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up