INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add to Playing Now  (Read 1205 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Add to Playing Now
« on: July 23, 2017, 01:31:23 pm »

A Dbl-Clk (left mouse down twice) adds to the "Playing Now" list. I cannot find a command in Custom Resources that corresponds to "add to playing now". I would like to bind another key to the "Add to Playing Now" list. Is there a way to do this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Add to Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 03:19:38 pm »

I'm relatively certain that you are correct.  I don't think there is an MC Core Command that does "add to playing now" or replace playing now, or any other similar function.  I remember researching this a few months ago and I came up dry.

Brian.

MRjr

• World Citizen
Re: Add to Playing Now
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:41 pm »

For those with the fortitude there is a way!!! If you install AutoHotKeys on the machine where MC is running the following code does just what I need. There is some setup required to get the AutoHotKeys running, particularly if the machine Controlling MC is Windows 10 but it is not terribly difficult.

^z::
MouseClick, left
MouseClick, left
Return

Now select a track or album and enter ^z. This action adds the selection now playing list. I know a dbl-clk works as well but to use it you must select the music (one lft clk) then dbl-clk the selected item. I am running the MC through a terminal emulator, TightVNC, from a windows 10 laptop with a fairly small screen. Using the ^z operation is much easier, particularly for my wife, whom I am encouraging to use the system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up