INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play a CD on MC 20 for Mac  (Read 2468 times)

GeorgeBoles

• Recent member
How to play a CD on MC 20 for Mac
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:10 am »

The title says it all.

I have my MC20 up and going pretty well playing files from the HD.

I have a Macintosh USB superdrive.

Put in a CD.

Click Drives and Devices on the left panel click the CD Drive and get the message: "there is no disc. Double click here to refresh" OR I click in the top panel "refresh" and all the thing does is play the first file.

OR in the to menu bar: file>quick play>devices and drives, click the CD drive and get the message: This selection has no playable files.

OR top menu bar: file>Open media file> and select either one or all the files on the CD> Click Open and the thing only ever plays the first file selected.

I saw the old advice about going to Tools>Options>CD and select Autoplay, but this option does not exist.

Using Finder I can only play one file at a time (right click on multiple select files just gives Quick Look option even though I have JRiver selected as the program to play aiffs, etc.

Any help please most gratefully received. Driving me mad after about whenever MC20 became available.

Regards,
George

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to play a CD on MC 20 for Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:37:05 pm »

The methods you've described seem to work on MC23.  At least File > Quick play > drives and devices > (my cd drive shows up here) .

If you're just previewing CDs, you might want to use VLC or something similar instead.  If you actually want to listen to CDs using MC, I guess that's different.  I personally find no need to ever do so, but you might have some use case that I don't.

BTW, I did my experiments with an external BD/DVD/CD drive; not an Apple product, but it works great with everything I use it for on my Mac.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up