INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with basic setup  (Read 1102 times)

dsolve

Need help with basic setup
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:02 pm »

Hi...

I've been doing a lot of reading and I think I have this sorted out in my head, but I want to be sure.
I have a video library on my HTPC (no audio or picture files) which is networked, by Ethernet, to my smart TV and my video ripping PC. I'm using JRiver Media Center 22 and DLNA to view the movies on the TV.  This works well if I rip all my DVD/BD's into H-264 MP4 format. AVI and MKV... not so well.

Over the months, I have experimented with many settings in MC trying to improve little things, but most changes didn't seem to make any difference. I have concluded that MC is not "streaming" the movie, but rather, just making the video file available to the TV which is actually doing the rendering.  If true, this means all, or at least most of the settings, I've been changing are really not doing anything.  Is this correct?  If so, is there a way to reset MC back to original without having to uninstall and reinstall the program.  I read that deleting: "library/application support/jriver media center22/settings/user settings.ini"  would do it but, I can't find that path on my PC.  Also, to use MC in this manner, are there any settings I should change?

Thanks, for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up