INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA problems  (Read 1627 times)

proximuss

• Recent member
DLNA problems
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:10:11 pm »

Hello, Ubuntu 64bit 16.04, latest stable MediaCenter, Pioneer VSX921 using DLNA over LAN, playing FLAC.
Have several questions:
1) Almost always when i start MediaCenter fresh and send something to VSX921 through DLNA, MediaCenter crashes, second run always is fine. Sometimes if one album is playing and i start new one - also experience MediaCenter's crash.
2) DLNA doesn't play gapless between tracks, any way to make it happen?
3) Changing volume, going forth and back through tracks works, but inside song i cannot change position by clicking on the progress bar, it simply jumps back.

Please advise,
thank you!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA problems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:37:59 am »

Hello, Ubuntu 64bit 16.04, latest stable MediaCenter, Pioneer VSX921 using DLNA over LAN, playing FLAC.
Have several questions:
1) Almost always when i start MediaCenter fresh and send something to VSX921 through DLNA, MediaCenter crashes, second run always is fine. Sometimes if one album is playing and i start new one - also experience MediaCenter's crash.
2) DLNA doesn't play gapless between tracks, any way to make it happen?
3) Changing volume, going forth and back through tracks works, but inside song i cannot change position by clicking on the progress bar, it simply jumps back.

Please advise,
thank you!

Can you get a log file and email it to bob@jriver.com?

Gapless DLNA playback depends on the renderer. It has to support SetNextAVTransportURI().

If your's doesn't you might want to consider turning disabling the SetNext function in the DLNA controller options for the renderer Zone (right click on the VSX in your zone tree). MC shouldn't crash but disabling that might help with your crashing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up