INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to gather films of the same serie in Theater mode  (Read 2821 times)

didiergo

• Recent member
How to gather films of the same serie in Theater mode
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:46:04 am »

Hello everyone
I would like to gather films of the same serie (James Bond for example) under the same picture (in Theater mode) like JRiver does very well with the Audio files.
I tested by using the fields Album or Artist but the result is not good.
Would you have an idea?
thank you by advance

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to gather films of the same serie in Theater mode
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:43:25 am »

There are many ways to skin this cat... This is how I did it.

I used the default SERIES tag to group movies. So for your example "James Bond" would be populated in that field.

Then in Tools - Options - Theater View I placed a Library Item named Title and used an expression set to "If(IsEmpty([Series]),[Name],[Series])" to display the movies. This will either show the Name of the movie if the Series tag is empty, or show the group of movies with the Series name.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:45:35 am »

Thats what I do as well, fill the [Series] tag for movies which I want to group, leave it empty otherwise.

I use a slightly different tag though: TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)

The name may suggest its only good for TV, but what it does for Movies is basically the same as the expression kensn suggested, it outputs the [Series] if present, the [Name] otherwise.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:41:39 pm »

I'm also using the Series tag with TVInfo(SeriesDisplay).  But I'd like to add that with this method you can also use the Episode tag for sorting.  My Theater View is setup to sort by Series (if present), then Episode (if present), then Date.  That way for most series I don't have to bother with the Episode tag, since date sorting is fine.  But things like the Star Wars prequels will display in the correct episodic order.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 02:41:01 pm »

I use the Episode tag also with my setup. Didn't want to complicate my first post to much.

Ken

didiergo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 03:29:08 pm »

I have just tried and the result is like I hoped.
Thank you so much for your help

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 03:42:20 pm »

Nice you have it working.

Always glad to help.

TXATC

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 06:37:56 pm »

Hey guys!

I had a question regarding this. I put in the expression as listed above, and it pulled the covers into a stack well. However, now all of the movies in that stack are displayed out of order when I open the stack. I tried finding the TVSeries option for displaying covers in the stack, but I am not seeing it. Perhaps I am thick. How can I get the covers INSIDE the stacks to sort in the order I had them in before? If it helps at all, I have all of my filenames alphabetically in the proper order. Before I stacked, they displayed in the order I wanted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 01:39:35 am »

There are many ways to skin this cat... This is how I did it.

I used the default SERIES tag to group movies. So for your example "James Bond" would be populated in that field.

Then in Tools - Options - Theater View I placed a Library Item named Title and used an expression set to "If(IsEmpty([Series]),[Name],[Series])" to display the movies. This will either show the Name of the movie if the Series tag is empty, or show the group of movies with the Series name.

Ken

Hi,
I have successfully made the expression per your instruction.
Can you or anyone else please instruct me on how to further sort by episode as suggested by Ashfall in this thread.

I attach a screen shot to help you guide me right.

Consider me a Noob at this *smile*

Best regards,
//Peter

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S
Pages: [1]   Go Up