INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Alphabet select doesn't work  (Read 2219 times)

janderuijter

• Recent member
Album Alphabet select doesn't work
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:26:38 am »

Hi,

Using JRemote I go to Audio => Album and touch a letter at the right side of the album pane. The selected letter appears big for a short time but the screen doesn't jump to the albums starting with the selected letter.

For instance going to Audio => Artist everything works ok.

How do I get things for albums to work correctly?

Kind regards,
Jan

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Album Alphabet select doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:19:49 pm »

Works for me just fine with the latest version for ios.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

janderuijter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:10:11 am »

I run iOS 10.3.3 and JRemote 3.25, both latest ga versions, so I don't think that's causing the problem

couchjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:24:04 pm »

I've had the same problem from the beginning. Certain letters work: A, H, P V (if I recall correctly) but most don't. Now that I have several thousand albums in the library, it's very frustrating.

Setup: MC on a late 2015 Mac Mini, all-SS, JRemote on an iPad Air2.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:50:13 pm »

This is a bug in JRemote. Two bugs, actually.

1. When you are displaying a list of items that are not sorted alphabetically, JRemote often opens that view in the A-Z sort mode rather than preserving the server-side list sorting.
For example: Loading my "new imports" view which is sorted by "date imported" still defaults to the A-Z sort mode in JRemote.

2. JRemote does not sort the view when it is in thumbnail mode.
If you change the view to either of the other list types, the view is correctly sorted A-Z and the list selector works as expected.
In Thumbnail view, the A-Z sort option changes the list selector at the side, but does not sort the items being displayed.
So the A-Z selector down the side appears to be broken or random, since it's jumping to the first item in a list beginning with that letter, when the list is not sorted alphabetically.

Until it's fixed, you will have to either change the view to something other than thumbnail view for A-Z sorting to work correctly, or change the list sort type away from A-Z to use the regular list selector to scroll through it quickly.

couchjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:03:44 pm »

Thanks RD James. That's the clearest explanation I've seen.

"Until it's fixed": Is there hope?

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 09:57:14 am »

A quick fix on the server end is to put a second Album Tag in the view definition and select the option to group by the first letter

Then you A - Z thumbnails !plus 1 for 10cc etc

Mike

couchjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:39 pm »

Can you be a little more specific, MikeO? I tried your fix (Album tag in view definition) and what I get is a stack of album thumbails (only the top one visible) for each letter. That's not useful to me. I'm not sure I understand what your second sentence is trying to say. Is there a way to show the albums individually but keep them grouped by first letter of the Album tag, and

I have several thousand albums in this library so the ability to see each one and jump to an index point for the first letter of the album title (as the Album display is supposed to work) is important for me.

Thanks for any insight.

Pages: [1]   Go Up