INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artists missing from artist list MC 22  (Read 2581 times)

DONUSA

• Recent member
Artists missing from artist list MC 22
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:18:17 am »

When I look at Audio>Artists (left panel) I see a list of all the artists, except some are missing and I don't know why.  My assumption is that if the metadata field has the artist's name under the label "Artist" it should appear on the list like all the others.  But, for some reason there are artists that just are not on the list.  I can find the song file in question using search.  MC also has a folder in the list Audio>Artists>Various Artists>[subfolders].  It does not have subfolders of artists, but rather subfolders of albums.  In one of those albums there is a song by the artist in questions. If I did not know the artist I am searching for had a song on that album, I would never be able to find it that way.  Perhaps someone can explain how I get every artist in my database to appear in the list of Audio>Artists>[Artist Name].     

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Artists missing from artist list MC 22
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 09:20:25 am »

I think the stock Artists view uses [Album Artist (auto)] as it's first field.  So, you will only see the overall "Album Artist" listed.  This is why you have to drill down into Various artists (or search) in order to find artists with songs on Compilation albums.  Because on many compilation albums, [Album Artist] is set to "Various Artists" or "(Multiple Artists)".

You could make a new view, just like Artists, but use [Artist] as the first field, instead of [Album Artist (auto)].  Note that this will mean you will see an album cover for each artist on an album.  An album with 10 different artists will show up 10 times in this view, all with the same album cover.

Or you could use the stock Panes view, which shows [Artist] (as I recall, it's been a while since I had any stock views), and you can see all of your artists there.

MC's views are one of it's strengths.  As such, you can customize, add, or remove views to suit the way you like to browse, sort, and search your library. 

Good luck,

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up