INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding tv recordings to Theater View  (Read 4262 times)

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
adding tv recordings to Theater View
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:13:21 pm »

I can't figure out how to add TV recordings to my Theater View. My main categories listed are TV, Movies, Home Videos, Audio, Playlists and Exit. Nested under TV are Guide, Shows and Other. I would like to add 'Recorded TV' to this level, but it could also be nested under Guide. How can I do this?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: adding tv recordings to Theater View
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »

Hi Gregg,

Let me try to point you into the direction :-)

When setting up your 'library - config importing' let MC add the Media Sub Type as 'TV Show' for the folder which contains your TV Recordings.

Create a new library view 'Video/TV Show' using the TV Show tag value under 'set rules for files display'.
Then adding this Standard View into Theater View' setup under MC' options.

Additionally you can create two views with a filter to split up  your TV Recordings.
The filter can sort date as more recent/older or even watched/non-watched recordings.

If you're stuck somewhere -> shoot.

Cheers.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:06:12 pm »

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me.

While in standard View, the left pane has sections labeled Audio, Images, Video, Television, Playlists, etc.

Are you saying I need to create another view in the Video section? There's already a library view named "TV Shows" under Video. It has nothing to do with my TV recordings made by JRMC23. I have all sorts of other TV Shows that have been added to my library after ripping DVDs and Blu-rays of my favorite series. I don't want them to become confused with these recordings.

In the Television section, you can easily find recent recordings. The main window has 4 sections. There's the top header and below that, the left has 2 sections. The top of the left section lists All Programs, Favorite Channels, To Be Recorded, Recordings and Recording Rules. My recorded TV shows appear in the right side after I pick Recordings.

I want the ability to see that list while in theater view.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »

Hi Gregory,  have you checked your settings under Lib/configure import ?

You can point out where MC does search per specific view. Point out to your folder with TV Recordings and let add the TV Shows tag when importing. Then set your Video/TV Shows view to only pick these files set with this tag.

My movies, like DVDs are automatically imported under its own Video/... view. Separately from TV Recordings.

Good luck.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »

This is what's confusing to me...

So specifically, I need to go to Options, pick 'Library & Folders', and then click on 'Configure auto-import'. Then I need to add the folder where my 'TV Recordings' are located. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Then, I need to create a library view under the Video section? And how do I make this view filter out all of the other files tagged with 'Media Sub-Type' = 'TV Show' and only display the recordings made by MC's Television feature? I'm familiar with creating library views for my audio collection, movies, videos, etc. based on artist, album, genre, etc., etc., but I'm not even sure what unique tag is applied to MC tv recordings.

Since there's already a way to see these specific recordings in the Television section, it would make sense to set up Theater View to use that without having to go through all these hurdles to import and then create a special library view.

I'm a long time user of this program, but the Television section and Theater View are not terribly intuitive.

Thanks for your help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »

G'Day Gregg,

What you want you will find under Options > Theatre View > Items To Show/Detail. I don't know that you could build exactly what you find in the Standard View Television section, but you can certainly build what you need to see just your TV recordings and not shows from all other sources. I have views similar to the default "Shows" view, that show Recent recordings, and shows that are part of a Series.

I kept my solution simple and didn't try to identify which shows were TV recording via Tags. Rather, I just show those Shows that exist under my recorded TV directory, "E:\Recorded TV\". I've attached some image to get you started. Mostly you can copy (manually copy, read and type) the View definitions used for the default "Shows" view. Just add a restriction to only shows program saved under your recorded TV directory.

• Start the process by clicking on the default "Video" item you can see in the dialogue. Then click the "Add" button in the middle of the dialogue, and select "Library Item", and edit the name field to what you want to call this view.
  • Then click the "Move Down" button (very important to get the position right!). The click the "Nest" button, then the "Move Up" button until your new item is where you want it to be.
  • Then click the "Set rules for file display..." button, and follow use the image to set up what you need, with your preferences of course.
  • Once that level is done, select your new view name on the left, and click the "Add" button again. This will add a sub-view below your new view. Edit as per images. Note that on this sub-view the options are a bit different on the "Details" side of the dialogue. Again, use the attached images, and take a look at the default "Shows" view and its sub-views to work out what you need to set up.
  • Note that "TVInfo()" is a special command, and not a tag, which you need to use to get certain information into the display. Just use the default views as examples, or read up in the Wiki: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Miscellaneous_Functions#TVInfo

Ask more questions if needed.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »

By the way, with my setup all TV shows are included in the default "Shows" view. If you didn't want your TV recordings mixed in with your ripped DVDs and Blu-rays, just add another rule to the "Shows" view to excluded the TV recording directory.

i.e.
"Filename (path)" "does not start with" "E:\Recorded TV\"

or in the MC expression format, available via the Import/Export button at the bottom of the rule definition dialogue;
-[Filename (path)]=[E:\Recorded TV\"

So the full rule for the "Shows" view via the Import/Export button would be;
[Media Type]=[Video] [Media Sub Type]=[TV Show] -[Filename (path)]=[E:\Recorded TV\"

Looking through the above will help familiarise yourself with the functionality.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 08:50:55 pm »

Roderick -

Thank you! The details, including screenshots, were very helpful. I've achieved my goal of adding 'Recorded TV' to my Theater View settings. I thought there must be a simpler way than creating another library view within the Video section.

Thanks again for your help,
Gregg

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 09:03:33 pm »

Excellent.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up