INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connecting Removable Media after JRiver is started  (Read 1524 times)

jpmahala

• Recent member
Connecting Removable Media after JRiver is started
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:14:32 am »

If I connect my portable media player to sync content with JRiver while it is running, JRiver will not recognize the removable drive unless I close and restart JRiver.  Is it possible to fix/configure something so that would be unnecessary?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connecting Removable Media after JRiver is started
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:10:27 am »

I think MC requires the removable media to be mounted to be able to sync. Not all Linux distro's automatically mount removable devices when you plug them in.

So depending on the distro and choice of desktop environment you are running, there can be situations where you get a popup for removable media being detected, but unfortunately, that does not mean the media is now also mounted.

If you have media center open, minimize it and plug in your removable media, then open a terminal. Can you check with the 'mount' or 'findmnt' command whether that media is actually mounted?

If it is not, you can try manually mounting it from the terminal or try browsing it from your file manager. Usually, a DE like KDE/Plasma will automatically mount removable media when you start browsing it. Once you can browse the files from the file manager, switch to Media Center and see if you can now sync.

jpmahala

• Recent member
Re: Connecting Removable Media after JRiver is started
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:35:55 am »

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.  The removable media mounts automatically whether MC is running or not.  If I attach my removable media and then start MC, it is recognized my MC just fine.  The problem is if MC is already running when I attach my removable media.  It is still mounted by the OS automatically, but MC won't recognize it's there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up