INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Networking problem - unable to play Youtube stream to different zone  (Read 1025 times)

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member

One of my many weaknesses is networking. I have a networking problem!! I have spent hours trying stuff so I hope someone can offer some suggestions.

I have MC installed on a laptop and, with its own copy DB, on an Intel NUC on the front end of my sound system. The NUC is usually controlled via eos or gizmo. I generally have no problems with this setup. If I wish to play MC on the laptop and want to output via the NUC zone to the sound system There is no problem.

The problem arises when, on the laptop, I want to play a stream, say Youtube, via the NUC zone - I get nothing
If I play Youtube to local laptop speaker - no problem (except the sound)
If I select MC21 as the sound device this plays ok through MC if I select the local laptop zone. If I select another zone I get nothing. I have seen the MC21 device showing sound but none actually in MC.

I have tried selecting file, open live and then loopback (though I am not sure if this is right) and after a few moments I get 'there is a problem with playback' message.

I hope this isn't too unclear. Should I be able to play a stream through a remote zone? If I should where might I be going wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks
John

Pages: [1]   Go Up