INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I delete music? Current JRiver Media Center for Mac  (Read 2328 times)

RickWyler

• Recent member
How do I delete music? Current JRiver Media Center for Mac
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »

How do I delete a song, an album?   I need to remove some songs and an album from my JRiver Media Center for Mac. I know how to remove something from a playlist but I can't find information on how to remove it from the Media Center under Audio. Again, I'm using the current version for Mac and not 23.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I delete music? Current JRiver Media Center for Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 03:57:39 pm »

How do I delete a song, an album?   I need to remove some songs and an album from my JRiver Media Center for Mac. I know how to remove something from a playlist but I can't find information on how to remove it from the Media Center under Audio. Again, I'm using the current version for Mac and not 23.
Right-click on the file or album and do delete. You'll get several deletion options to choose from.

RickWyler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »

Thank you for your response. I tried selecting an album and hitting delete, dragging the album to the desktop trashcan and right-clicking on the file.  Nothing worked.   This might seem like a pretty basic question to most of the users here but I have had a very difficult time finding an answer. I also can't find any area here other than this particular thread in the forum to ask this question. 

UPDATE: 
 After giving this some thought and Googling how to right click on a Mac, I have my answer. If anyone else is reading this and needs help deleting, you simply hold the control button and then right-click. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »

Selecting a file, or group of files, or album and then pressing the key marked "delete" on the mac keyboard definitely engages the delete function.  This delete key is NOT the backspace key that is next to +/= .  It's the small key near home and end.

If your Mac doesn't have that key, you can press Function-backspace (or function-delete if your backspace key is marked as delete) and that will engage the delete function.

If you are using a Mac with a track pad, you can put two fingers down on the track pad and *then* click.  This emulates a right click.  If you only have a single button mouse, then you have to use the control-click method.  I believe that the Apple Magic mouse has a right click.  It's engaged by clicking on the right hand side of the button.

Welcome to MC.  We hope you enjoy your stay.  :)

Brian.

RickWyler

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 05:29:50 pm »

Thank you. :)

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 02:07:43 am »

Have never ever had any trouble deleting a file with a right mouse click.

I remember however that when I purchased a new mac, I had to go to the MAC preferences>mouse>secondary and choose "right click". Otherwise right click would not work.

I guess this is too obvious, but in return, I never have to use control and right click . . . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up