INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id not handling .cue files properly  (Read 3373 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen
Id not handling .cue files properly
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:27:21 pm »

I have JRiver 23 set up on a windows 10 machine as the server.  When I play audio files that are part of an image/cue file to the Id (as a dlna renderer), the Id doesn't handle them properly.  For example, no matter what track I select on the server, the very beginning of the image file is played.

Audio files that aren't part of an image/cue file play just fine on the Id.

Thanks for any help.

mirdle

• World Citizen
Re: ID not handling .cue files properly
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 03:15:56 am »

Image/cue files work just fine otherwise (i.e. when played through the Windows 10 machine), but not when played to the Id as a dlna renderer.

Has anyone had any experience with these or is there an option I should select to utilize the cue files on the Id?

Thanks for any help.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ID not handling .cue files properly
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:14:27 pm »

Image/cue files work just fine otherwise (i.e. when played through the Windows 10 machine), but not when played to the Id as a dlna renderer.

Has anyone had any experience with these or is there an option I should select to utilize the cue files on the Id?

Thanks for any help.
You'll need to set the DLNA server to convert the files when serving them to the Id.
Since the bin part of a cue/bin pair is a single file and DLNA servers serve files you will see the behavior you are describing when you play them in the original format.
I'd suggest one of the wav formats since that's not altering the source material. If you are playing to an Id, for maximum flexibility you might want to try PCM L24 no header.

mirdle

• World Citizen
Re: Id not handling .cue files properly
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:14:34 am »

Thank you bob, that did it!

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 08:54:44 pm »

I've got the same problem while playing image/cue files via jremote on an android (I've tried multiple androids all with the same problem).  The problem persists even after the above fix that worked for the Id.  (The JRiver server is the same for both the Id and jremote).

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Mark.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:06:23 am »

I've got the same problem while playing image/cue files via jremote on an android (I've tried multiple androids all with the same problem).  The problem persists even after the above fix that worked for the Id.  (The JRiver server is the same for both the Id and jremote).

Any ideas?

Thanks again.
Mark.
Do you have transcoding turned on in JRemote?

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 12:53:34 am »

Sorry for the delayed response. 

As it turns out, when transcoding is on from within jremote I am able to navigate tracks on image files just fine. But I get mp3s instead of flacs.

When transcoding is off from within jremote , I get flac output but I am unable to navigate tracks from within image files (as I've outlined in the previous responses.)

Do you know of any solution?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:10 am »

Sorry for the delayed response. 

As it turns out, when transcoding is on from within jremote I am able to navigate tracks on image files just fine. But I get mp3s instead of flacs.

When transcoding is off from within jremote , I get flac output but I am unable to navigate tracks from within image files (as I've outlined in the previous responses.)

Do you know of any solution?

Thanks
To cut the cue files for transport to JRemote, they need to be transcoded.
JRemote only selects mp3 transcoding from MC.
It's not possible to transcode to an individual flac track from a flac cue.

Perhaps MC could automatically transcode cue files to a selected format, mp3 or wav16/24 as a new option...

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 09:13:58 am »

Thanks for the reply.  Is this something that is currently available as an option with MC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 09:15:36 am »

Thanks for the reply.  Is this something that is currently available as an option with MC?
No, but I think it might be a useful addition.

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 09:03:29 am »

Thanks for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up