INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integration of Blu-Ray Audio in the "Audio" section  (Read 1645 times)

meurglys3

• Recent member
Integration of Blu-Ray Audio in the "Audio" section
« on: August 30, 2017, 11:14:12 am »

Hello,

I wish to integrate my Blu-Ray Audio in the Audio library.

I succeeded in realizing it but in doing this I lose the video display (display titles or even scrolling images during playback).

Has anyone ever realized it and how has been bypassed the problem of the display disappears (due to the fact that the ".mpls" file in the "PLAYLIST" folder of the Blu-Ray is considered as a file audio).

Thank you for your help

Fitzcaraldo215

• World Citizen
Re: Integration of Blu-Ray Audio in the "Audio" section
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:56 pm »

If you are referring to the BD chapter menu on the BD disc, JRiver is unable to display that or let you select a specific chapter by name from it for BD-A or BD-V.  That is unfortunately the way it is, though many would love to have that chapter menu capability in JRiver. BD-A is just a limited variant of BD-V that has a fixed video content.

BD-As are ripable to a number of different formats - ISO, MKV, etc. which are video-capable formats. There are a variety of tools that can extract audio from that resulting decrypted folder on a chapter by chapter basis - into individual Flac files, for example.  DVDAE is one such tool.  Those can then be tagged and included in your library just like other Flacs, etc.

JRiver has a Particles feature mentioned in this forum for prior JR versions.  That can be set up to allow access to individual "tracks" or chapters inside the BD file based on chapter timing data you supply or which is occasionally provided by external websites, but mainly for BD-V movies.

All are not the greatest and a ton of agonizing work, I am afraid.  So, I have avoided incorporating BD-As into my main music library, sadly.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »

you may want to look at https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100436.0 to help getting such content into your library

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

My suggestion:

-Rip to FLAC for your audio views.
-Keep folder rips for your video views. Use Media Subtype "Music".
Pages: [1]   Go Up