INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frequent Crashes After YouTube  (Read 1155 times)

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
Frequent Crashes After YouTube
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:44:01 am »

MC22 (v. 108) frequently crashes after playing YouTube.  I have had this problem with prior versions of MC as well, but the problem seems to be happening more frequently recently.  I was an early buyer of MC23, but have not yet installed it.

Sometimes after the crash MC will NOT reopen, saying that it already running, and requiring a total OS reboot. 

Sometime MC will crash when I first try playing music in the AM after PC was in hibernate overnight; I keep all my programs loaded: multiple Excel, multiple Chrome pages, MC, and possibly Lightroom.

Video also has a noticeable "lip-sync" problem, with the audio seeming to be behind.  I run DSP with extensive EQ to integrate my Focal CMS50 monitors with the CMS Sub.  (My main MC use is for Audio, and I definitely want the EQ.)

How can I fix the spurious post YouTube crash issues?

How do I get my PC to play web based video without going through MC?  (I turned this on several years ago, with prior versions of MC, when it became available and it seems to happen automatically with MC upgrades.)

Thanks!

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
HP Z400, Quad-Xeon, 2.8GHz
18GB RAM, SSD
AudioGD NFB-28 DAC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Frequent Crashes After YouTube
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 06:56:20 am »

That sounds like a freeze (MC unresponsive), not a crash.

Please install MC23.

SilverLitz

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Frequent Crashes After YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:59:34 pm »

It actually stops working, not just freezing, and the PC automatically closes the program.

Is the current MC23 more stable than MC22?
Pages: [1]   Go Up