INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AIF Files Tagged with Metadatics Will Not Play  (Read 1244 times)

stevem2

• Recent member
AIF Files Tagged with Metadatics Will Not Play
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:25:42 pm »

For some time I have had problems with certain files not playing. They just never start when selected. The same files play fine using other programs. It got so bad I basically stopped using MC. Recently I've done a lot of experimentation using MC23 Mac (DAC is a PS Audio DirectStream using Bridge II) and discovered that the files that are affected are those AIF files I tagged with Metadatics, a popular Mac tagging program available on the Apple Mac App Store. FLAC files tagged with the same program play fine. It also appears that older files play OK, although it's hard to be certain as I don't recall exactly when I started using Metadatics or when I tagged particular older files. I re-tag almost all downloads but generally not rips (I use dBpoweramp for that and its tags don't create the problem). I tried earlier versions of MC and when I got to MC19 on the Mac the same files played fine. I can "fix" these files just by changing a tag in MC or another program.  I have a large number of affected files but they are hard to identify without trying to play them.

I really like Metadatics and if I have to choose between it and MC, MC will likely lose. Can anything be done to fix this issue?  Anything I can do (short of retagging everything)? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: AIF Files Tagged with Metadatics Will Not Play
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »

Please send a file to matt at jriver and include a link to this thread.  Thanks.

stevem2

• Recent member
Re: AIF Files Tagged with Metadatics Will Not Play
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:36:39 pm »

Thanks. Just sent a short file to matt.  I just took an AIFF file that played fine and edited the title tag, resulting in the file no longer playing. Very strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up