INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: .w64 encoder  (Read 2070 times)

PhantomGTR

Feature request: .w64 encoder
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:21:31 pm »

Hi, JRiver,

Would you pls. add .w64 encoder so that JRiver can create or convert files into .w64?
Any help will be highly appreciated.    Have a nice day  :)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: .w64 encoder
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:04:38 pm »

Why is this a good feature to have?

Brian.

PhantomGTR

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:12:25 pm »

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your concern ;D

1) it provides better sound in my system, such as sound stage, image, focus, and details.  Maybe you can try try  ;)
2) my another music playback system, i.e. MPD, only can recognise the tag in the .wav from JRiver.
Pls. help.  Your offer will be highly appreciated :) ;D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:27:26 am »

If you can find a program that will convert your existing files to .w64 using command line only, you could set it up as an External Encoder in the MC Conversion Options section.

But I'm with Brian. Why would you want to? They are identical to WAV files, except they can be larger than 4GB in size, and possibly support tagging even worse. Do you really have audio files that will be larger than 4GB in WAV format?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

PhantomGTR

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 04:52:55 am »

Hi,
In fact, it's not for the file size.  Maybe you can try, it's interesting that .w64 produces better sound than the original .wav, ranging from 16/44.1 to 24/384.
If you prefer the sound from .w64 over .wav, then it's my reason to look for your help in JRiver.  ;D

RD James

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 05:10:12 am »

The "load decoded file into memory" setting for memory playback was created for this, to save people converting their entire library.
It should have the same effect as converting to w64 no matter the input format - it basically does the conversion on playback, instead of having to decompress FLACs to WAVs on disk for example.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:40:57 am »

Maybe you can try, it's interesting that .w64 produces better sound than the original .wav

Oh dear. My my. w64 IS wav. They are exactly the same, except for the header information. And WAV just produces uncompressed PCM, so as RD James says, playing from memory, decoded, with any lossless source is identical.

Anyway, I gave you the answer. Find a w64 encoder to use as an external encoder, and enjoy your music.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

PhantomGTR

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:11:33 am »

Alright, Thank you very much for everyone  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up