INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I get back the old type of tag window?  (Read 2350 times)

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
How can I get back the old type of tag window?
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:21:35 pm »

I used to get the old fashioned tag window, what I attached.
I think it was very useful to see what time was played the album and how many times I played it.
Now with the new version I can see only "varies". I have to click to the each song to see the same information.
How can I switch back to the old-type, or at least to see on the top the same informations?
I would like to know when I played the last time the album, not one by one the songs inside.
Thanks
Zsolt

MacBook Pro 2016 13", Soekris dam 1021 DAC, Almarro A318B, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium, Qattro mkII loudspeakers by Troels Gravesen

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I get back the old type of tag window?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:36:49 pm »

Close the Tagging Window.  Then...
Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking Tag.  You can click Tag, either in the Action window at the lower left, or Edit > Tag.

Each time you do this, it will switch you back and forth between the old and new Tagging Windows.

Brian.

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:17:12 pm »

Thanks Brian, It was really easy!
Regards,
Zsolt
MacBook Pro 2016 13", Soekris dam 1021 DAC, Almarro A318B, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium, Qattro mkII loudspeakers by Troels Gravesen

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 08:14:59 pm »

:) Thanks :)

I was looking for exactly the same thing!!

Why is it when you are looking at a tag window for a particular item (lets say video) and you drag the tag window out more so that you can clearly see the fields that have many characters (like filename) and then you select another video to view that tag and the tag window returns to the original tag window view size? i.e. it does not retain the dragged out previous tag window, so you have to again drag the tag window out to see the fields.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 12:10:36 am »

Why is it when you are looking at a tag window for a particular item (lets say video) and you drag the tag window out more so that you can clearly see the fields that have many characters (like filename) and then you select another video to view that tag and the tag window returns to the original tag window view size? i.e. it does not retain the dragged out previous tag window, so you have to again drag the tag window out to see the fields.

I used to think that but it was only doing it when I changed the media type I was looking at. i.e. If I expand the width while looking at Shows it stays the same as I click on various files. If I then look at Movie the width resizes.

If you don't want to to resize at all, "Option > Tree & View > Tree > Auto size width". Untick that.

Also look at "Auto size columns" and "Auto expand" while you are in the area. Plus "Option > Tree & View > Advanced > Allow auto size to cut off long values".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »

This was occurring all the time no matter what media type I was working with.
Thanks for the tips! But it did take a restart of MC23 to get the option to take effect.
The first option did the trick  :) and stays the same even when changing media types.
However, I will also select your second option.
!!Excellent!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up