INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound with Exclusive Access, nothing without?  (Read 1223 times)

sdavies

• Recent member
Sound with Exclusive Access, nothing without?
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:11:06 pm »

MC 22 has been running fairly well the past few months but I've been encountering freezes and crashes if I ask too much of Gizmo (typically occurs when I pause and play multiple times during any given track usually at the request of my kids while we play musical chairs, etc.).

Anyway, given MC22 was an upgrade over MC19 thought maybe I'd blow it off and start anew.
Saved Library, uninstalled everything, restarted, installed MC22 and restored Library to discover that I can no longer play sound to 3 of my 4 zones (using 2 channels within 7.1 container). All zones will play to only one zone that is configured to the Left and Right. Thus I am limited to only 1 zone. All appear to play on JRiver, but I don't receive any audio other than the one zone. If I enable Exclusive Access then everything works perfectly, except of course that I can't play more than one zone at a time. Disabling it and all zones play to only the Zone using Left and Right.

Setup is as follows:
Device= Realtek HD Audio direct sound WASAPI.
Device Settings= each zone set to two channels (i.e. Left Side, Right Side or Center and LFE, etc.)
DSP Output settings =
   Ouput Format - Channels set to 2ch inside 7.1 container
   Parametric EQ - Source Left and Rights Moved to channels set in above settings (i.e. Left Moved to Left Side)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sound with Exclusive Access, nothing without?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:10:21 am »

Is the sound device configured as 7.1 in Windows?
Exclusive Access can change this, but non-exclusive uses whatever is set in the sound control panel.

sdavies

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 11:59:23 am »

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is configured as 7.1 in windows.

sdavies

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:24:53 pm »

Solved!

Completely unrelated to MC... seems completely uninstalling Realtek and loading drivers from the MB manufacturer corrected the issue. For those of you that encounter this, note that installing from Realtek's site did not help, needed to be the specific drivers from the MB.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up