INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showing cover art with a disk type indication  (Read 1204 times)

cunim

• Recent member
Showing cover art with a disk type indication
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:35:25 am »

I have just migrated from MyMovies to MC.  I miss the ability to see cover art that is specific to the movie version.  The MyMovies cover art display shows that this disk is the blu ray version while this other disk is not.  Even if the art is not actually correct for the disk, I can set a field so that the art contains a blu ray indication.  Makes it much easier to browse in a large library.

Is there a way to select all iso files (I know how to do that) and then modify the cover art so the blu ray disks are obvious?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Showing cover art with a disk type indication
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:05:45 am »

As far as I know, MC doesn't have any features to add extra badges or indicators on top of cover art.  I assume that's what you are looking for based on a few screen shots I've seen of My Movies.

MC *can* easily group your Movies such that you have a category for HD movies that you can browse through.  That way, everything you see in that view is definitely high definition.  Which, presumably, is the reason you'd want to see a visual indication in the first place: Because you are looking for HD movies.

Are you wanting to do this in Standard View or Theater View?

Brian.

cunim

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:30 am »

OK, so I feel less stupid for not having found the feature.  A visible tag is a nice thing to have, because it lets you browse the entire library while making on the fly decisions about what to watch.  I do not want to watch only HD or only SD.  I just want to watch something, with a preference for HD.

Seems easy enough.  Create a field that puts a thin colored bar across the top of selected cover art.

Would like this in both theater and standard views.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:53:42 am »

I don't work for JRiver, so I can't do anything to help you with new features.  You could easily add a line under the title of each movie that says "HD" for the ones that are High Definition.  That would make it pretty obvious.

Not sure about Theater View.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up