INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio->Artist->Album doesn't show all songs; Audio->Album does  (Read 1433 times)

njonker

• Recent member
Audio->Artist->Album doesn't show all songs; Audio->Album does
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:29:26 pm »

I'm a recent user of MediaCenter 23 on a Mac, and JRemote on iOS. All my music is stored on a NAS.  MediaCenter on the mac is setup to monitor the folder afp://NAS1._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Music/ for changes, and dropping files in sub-directories results in them being picked up by MC as expected. This is a brand new setup I am trying to transition my media to. 

I added about 10,000 tracks last night, by copying them onto the NAS from another computer than the one running MC. As expected, MC picked up the tracks and found all the missing info. This seems to have worked as planned, and I have not run across anything missing in MC.

When I look at MC through JRemote, there are a few odd things happening. One example is the album "The Live Anthology" by artist "Tom Petty".

When I go into MC on the Mac I can go to Audio->Artists->Tom Petty->The Live Anthology and see and play all 48 tracks. Likewise, when in MC I go to Audio->Albums->The Live Anthology I see and can play all 48 tracks no problem.

When I use JRemote, if I go to Audio->Artists->Tom Petty->The Live Anthology I can only see and play 2 tracks. However, when I use JRemote to go to Audio->Albums->The Live Anthology I see and can play all 48 tracks.

This is just one example, it similar things are happening with a few other artists as well, but not with all artists.

I've tried restarting JRemote after killing it, tried rebooting the iPhone, and tried rebooting the Mac running MC with no change in behavior.

Any ideas on what I would have to do to get the Audio->Artist section in JRemote to update?

System specifics:
Mac: OS X 10.11.6; Mac Mini late 2009, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM
MC: Version 23.0.20
iOS Device: iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.3; 128GB model with 41GB available
JRemote: Version 3.25
NAS: Synology DS2415+
Mac on wired Ethernet to NAS and Airport Extreme Router; iOS device on WiFi to Airport Extreme Router

I did a search and couldn't find any answers that seemed to cover this scenario.  Any suggestions on possible resolution appreciated.

Niels.

Bert

• Recent member
Re: Audio->Artist->Album doesn't show all songs; Audio->Album does
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 05:02:17 am »

Niels,

It could be that where JRemote's field name is actually another field in MC.

Go to MC and on the two songs which are also shown on JRemote, show all tags. Could it be that those two songs Tom Petty is shown as Album Artist or Artist Album or Album Artist (index) or Composer?

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 08:11:08 am »

I have a somewhat similar issue with some albums.

For example:
Search in Albums for Pops Caviar finds the album and all tracks in order.
Search in Artist for Arthur Fiedler finds the album as above.
Search in HiRes and the album shows up but when selected, tracks are not in order!

Not a major catastrophe but really annoying.

What could possbly cause this anomaly?

I use Idpi for MC on an internal wifi network and JRemote on iPad ios 10.3.3.  My iPad will not upgrade to further o/s.

Edit: Just checked and the same behaviour happens on Panel.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:27:59 pm »

I have a somewhat similar issue with some albums.

For example:
Search in Albums for Pops Caviar finds the album and all tracks in order.
Search in Artist for Arthur Fiedler finds the album as above.
Search in HiRes and the album shows up but when selected, tracks are not in order!

Not a major catastrophe but really annoying.

What could possbly cause this anomaly?

I use Idpi for MC on an internal wifi network and JRemote on iPad ios 10.3.3.  My iPad will not upgrade to further o/s.

Edit: Just checked and the same behaviour happens on Panel.

It sounds like there might be a rule set that is modifying how the files are displayed. If you're seeing it on JRemote and Panel, you can check in Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel... You'll also need to restart Media Center before it will show changes you make in that window.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:04:00 pm »

It sounds like there might be a rule set that is modifying how the files are displayed. If you're seeing it on JRemote and Panel, you can check in Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel... You'll also need to restart Media Center before it will show changes you make in that window.

I've had a look at those and can't see anything which would make tracks appear out of order. My "Hi-Res" search merely selects 24bit or higher, and/or 16bit with higher than 44100 hz. All the tracks fulfil the criteria, but I don't modify further.
Strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up