INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video streaming to JRemote  (Read 1843 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Video streaming to JRemote
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:25:05 am »

Video streaming to JRemote still broken.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video streaming to JRemote
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:17:44 am »

I use it literally every day and it works fine here. More details then "it's broken" usually help, perhaps even a log from the server.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:21 am »

Thanks for the reply.  In terms of more detail, when I try to stream video from JRiver media server running Build 66 to my Ipad'This Device' in JRemote), nothing happens at all.  JRiver doesn't crash, invoking the video streaming feature just doesn't do anything in JRemote (e.g., pushing 'play" to initiate video streaming doesn't trigger an indicator showing buffering the stream before playback, it does for an audio stream - streaming audio to JRemote still works flawlessly under Build 66).   This problem also seems to affect the current stable build 62, at least for me.  When I revert to the previous stable build, Build 48, video streaming to JRemote again works flawlessly. 

I hope that helps.

Thanks again

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:36:57 am »

Same thing happened (for me at least) in Build 70 - Will not stream video to JRemote (This Device).  Absolutely nothing happens - e.g. no spinner appears while buffering.  Video streaming to JRemote (This Device) hasn't worked for me since Build 48.  Audio streaming works fine.

moter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12:04 pm »

I tried this feature using current stable version of MC24 and the latest build of JRemote.  I tried to stream an MP4 file from my server to my iPhone.  It was a visible choice in the "Shows" folder.  When played, nothing happened.  App did not lock up or crash.  Just no response.  So, I went to settings and lowered the video quality to medium.  Still would not play.  Then, I lowered the quality to low. Still would not play. 

IS THERE A FILE SIZE LIMITATION?  IF SO, WHAT IS THE LIMIT?  HOW LARGE AN MP4 FILE CAN BE STREAMED TO JREMOTE?

moter

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 12:22:27 pm »

FURTHER INFO:

Changed the options in MC24 Media Network, Video Conversion.  Selected MP2-TS-1080p.  Tried to play it from JRemote; wouldn't play.  However, the screen on the MC24 server went dark for a few seconds every time I tried to play it from JRemote.  Hmmmm.  What's up with that?

moter

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »

It works.  I was just doing something rather stupid.  JRemote was set to the player zone, not the device.  Now it works perfectly. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up