INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi -- Setup hifi environment  (Read 2077 times)

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
IdPi -- Setup hifi environment
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:35:19 am »

Hi Forum,

i am planning to set up my hifi environment and i would be very thankful for a few tips if the planned setup will work. Other recommendations are appreciated.
The IdPi is the only mandatory part of the new setup.

My Plan is to run the IdPi headless connected via USB to the PMA-50 Compact Digital amplifier https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hifi/amplifiers/pma50
The PMA-50 Compact Digital amplifier will be connected to the Canton Chrono 513 speakers https://www.canton.de/en/hifi/chrono-series/chrono-513?number=03592

I want to use this setup in my living room.

What do you think about this setup. Will it work? Are there any recommendations?

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi -- Setup hifi environment
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:30:49 pm »

I can't think of any reason it shouldn't be fine.

Any concerns?

Any reason you went with Denon?

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »

Thank you for your feedback.
I searched for an amplifier with integrated usb dac. The denon pma50 will satisfy this requirement.

I had a little bit of progress with my research and my main concern now is the shared USB/ethernet bus could be something of a bottleneck (music is located on a NAS).

Now I’m thinking about upgrade the raspberry pi with HiFiBerry DIGI+ pro to make us of the S/PDIF interface. As far as I know the IdPi supports this?!?
With this solution no usb dac is needed anymore.

In order to avoid an additional device (denon pma50) I could replace my old AVR with a new one, which provides a good stereo sound and supports 2 zones (Zone 1: TV and Zone 2: Music setup).
What I’ve learned until now the affordable AVRs will not work with digital input for Zone 2. Any suggestions, recommendations for this one?

The 2 different setups/zones (TV and Music) are necessary because of the room layout of my living room.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 12:15:31 am »

You're just playing music, right? How much bandwidth do you really need for that?

I do have a hifiberry dac (somewhere in the house) and I think is sounds quite nice.

I have no AVR recommendations other than I like my Marantz.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:00:50 am »

You're most likely right. In my case bandwith should not be an issue.

Nevertheless i found an AVR which supports digital input in zone 2. It's the Yamaha RX-V683. Due to the fact i have to upgrade my AVR in any case in the future i'll go this route.

Thank you for your support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up