INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Issue] Five-star-scale ratings not retained between libraries  (Read 1546 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[Issue] Five-star-scale ratings not retained between libraries
« on: October 03, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »

I just moved, and had my HTPC packed away in storage until I make new living arrangements. In the meantime, I am staying at my cousin's place. Knowing this, I opted to take my RAID controller--which was previously connected to my HTPC and includes all of the same media assets--for use with my laptop. Normally, my laptop acts as a client and remote control for the media library on my HTPC, but now, I am building a local media library for use over the next month or so.

I noticed that, in spite of the Save in file tags (when possible) option being checked in the [Rating] library field (it was on the HTPC also), none of my five-star-scale ratings have been retained. Why is this?

Can verify that ten-star ratings are retained. All other metadata is retained as well.

blgentry

Re: [ISSUE] Five-star-scale ratings not retained between libraries
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »

Restore a backup from the server and it will have all of your metadata intact.  You can then use the Rename, Move, and Copy files tool in UPDATE mode to change the paths to the files, since they probably are on a different drive letter.

Brian.

Goatshade

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 02:50:40 am »

A fair suggestion for next time, to be sure. I'll have to bite the bullet, and that's fine, but for now, why aren't five-star ratings retained when adding old media to entirely new libraries?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 05:11:30 am »

That's a surprise to me too.  I'm fairly certain that MC has saved my star ratings to all of my FLAC files.  I don't know why MC would not do the same thing for your files, especially in light of it saving your 10 star ratings.  I guess you could check the properties of the [Rating] field in your library as see if it is set to save that value to the file tags.

Brian.

Goatshade

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »

The appropriate option is checked, though on my laptop's copy. I'd have to dig out my HTPC to confirm that the same holds true there. I'm pretty sure it was, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up