INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay in playing music from NAS to DAC  (Read 1464 times)

Blade47

Delay in playing music from NAS to DAC
« on: October 11, 2017, 03:28:57 am »

Hi there, I am new here so go easy!

I have read countless threads on here about people having problems with Media Centre cutting off the first say 2 seconds of all songs. Mine is doing the same thing and I can't work out for the life of me why.

My set up is QNAP NAS 453A > ARCAM Airdac > Amplifier. I am using a Macbook Pro and trying to stream Hi Res files from my NAS to my DAC. I can't work out if the NAS is under powered or the DAC isn't up to it. If i stream from the NAS to my laptop then it seems to work fine. So I am assuming it is a NAS issue....in which case no matter how much I mess with the settings nothing is going to improve this?!

I've tried checking and unchecking play silence options etc and nothing seems to make any significant difference....

I have the latest version of Media Centre etc.

Also - interstingly the ARCAM provided app does the same thing....?

Please help! Media Centre seems great and looks like my way of getting away from the dreaded iTunes!!!

I should also mention however when I was using iTunes originally to stream the music from the NAS to the DAC via AirPlay it worked??? perfectly....?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Delay in playing music from NAS to DAC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:20:16 am »

If you're using DLNA, try changing the setting in MC for SetNextAVtransport in DLNA settings.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:24:42 am »

In the Left hand Navigation Pane, right click on the name of your DAC/DLNA device. You'll see a DLNA options menu. Click on tha and try the setting Jim said:  Set Next..  You might also try the other one or two options that are there.  I would do this ONE setting at a time.

Good luck.

Brian.

Blade47

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:01:52 am »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I thought it had worked....then I played around some more and it is obvious it hasn't really made much difference. I also went through the other options under that section and nothing seems to make any difference! So frustrating.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up