INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading library over network?  (Read 1378 times)

robgil

• World Citizen
Loading library over network?
« on: October 13, 2017, 02:18:45 pm »

I have two computers, both run JRiver. My main PC has all my media stored on an external usb hardrive.
I am attempting to connect to the second Pc and wish JR on the second Pc to stream from the main Pc, I also wish the library to be visible on the second Pc.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I tried to load the library backup onto the second Pc but it left the media files as cannot be found, so at least I had the settings loaded.

So then I went and deleted all media files from the library within the second Pc's JR. I am now reloading the entire media collection through ''tools'' ''Import'' and to find them I had to go through ''browse for folder , select path, network'' , I have over 7000 files and it is literally taking hours and hours, 3 hours now and I am not even half way.

Am I going about this all wrong?

I am not very good with computers so anything in laymans terms would help.

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Loading library over network?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:13:48 pm »

I have two computers, both run JRiver. My main PC has all my media stored on an external usb hardrive.
I am attempting to connect to the second Pc and wish JR on the second Pc to stream from the main Pc, I also wish the library to be visible on the second Pc.

Try https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote
JimH lead me to it, I had a similar question. You need to activate "tools -> options -> media network -> Use media network to share this library and enable DLNA" on both computers.
Then you can find the library from your main PC in "Playing from" on the second PC. Under "Playing Now" you can then select the device you want to play to.

robgil

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »

Thank you , all sorted, I had to start afresh but its all working as it should.

One thing I have noticed, on my main computer I get a dynamic library popping up, it has the name of the second Pc and my email address all in one word, it seems to contain files from my online onedrive folder, when I delete it it just comes back almost straight away, whats that all about? 

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:12:28 pm »

Try playing with the DLNA settings (client, server, renderer) and remove the ones you do not need. Also check your second PC if it's configured as a DLNA server. I have experienced a similar issue but did not get a response:https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112662.msg779152.html#msg779152
Pages: [1]   Go Up