INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avoiding duplicating artists featured on other playlists  (Read 2579 times)

merocet2

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
Avoiding duplicating artists featured on other playlists
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »

Hi

I use a smartlist to generate music content for a radio show I produce. I copy the list of songs generated into weekly playlists. The idea of the show is to be as varied as possible so nothing by the same artist or genre in the same show and no tunes that have been played before.

To avoid previously played tunes I just have a smartlist rule that excludes anything on the previous weekly playlists.

I'd like to go a step further with the variety and for as long as possible avoid playing music by any artist that appears on the weekly playlists. Obviously once I run through all the artists in my library I'll have to start again from the beginning.

So my question (Finally!) is, is it possible to exclude artists included in playlists held in a playlist group using a smartlist rule? Some extended way of using nodup that can point at a playlist group and avoid duplicating artists that appear in the playlists held in that group?

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up