INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mount Access to Cloud Storage  (Read 1636 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Mount Access to Cloud Storage
« on: October 14, 2017, 01:20:43 pm »

Is anyone doing this with JRiver on Linux?  I have a webserver with tons of bandwidth, and I'd like to install JRiver on it to access remotely.  But, I only have 100 gb of storage.  So I can't move my media to that server.  I've read some negative things about trying to use Amazon Cloud in a manner like this, but was looking at potentially using Google Drive this way.  This would enable me to have my home server off more often and still access pieces of my media.

Thanks!

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Mount Access to Cloud Storage
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 05:13:33 pm »

Do I have it correct that you're looking to access you're Google drive folders from MC installed on your server?

You could try ocamlfuse, which lets you mount your Google drive and make it accessible in Nautilus, then try and import that folder in MC.

The audiofiles will tell you it would suck in terms of some technical jargonistic something or other, but if that doesn't matter to you...

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 05:52:14 pm »

Yeah, I read about ocamlfuse, but didn't try setting it up yet.  Was hoping someone here had experience with it, or something similar.  I was looking at the $10 a month Drive program to get 1TB of space.  Sounds like a lot of space, but my albums converted to mp3 are already a few hundred GB.  So audiophile playback isn't what I'm going for (the 16 TB local NAS serves that purpose). 

Have you setup ocamlfuse?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 12:34:17 am »

No, I haven't tried it - just read about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up