INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Quality: Mac mini (2011) High Sierra, JRiver 23.065  (Read 3508 times)

fritsveer

• Recent member
Sound Quality: Mac mini (2011) High Sierra, JRiver 23.065
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:32:48 pm »

Hi all,

Just updated my Mac-mini (mid 2011) to High Sierra and updated JRiver to the latest 23.065.
Using JRiver as DLNA to a Superuniti (Naim)

What a step in SQ!?!
what happened here!?
the previous versions sounded somewhat harsh, but the latest is less edgy and well placed!.
Now I have to relisten to all my music!!  ;D

Any ID why this SQ step?

regards
Frits

hytechred

Re: Sound Quality: Mac mini (2011) High Sierra, JRiver 23.065
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 12:10:46 am »

I own a copy of JRiver v20 but never use it.  I've always stayed with Audirvana+.  Having nothing better to do one night, I downloaded a trial version of JRiver Media Center v24 after they sent me a promotional email.  I really just wanted to see if they changed the interface of JRiver.  I finally decided to give a listen but expected nothing unusual.  WOW!!!   This version of JRiver sound WAY better than anything else.  I've had a chance to make SQ comparisons with most of the major players on the market and I find MC v24 much better for some reason.  That said, I still don't care for the interface. Since all of these players are supposed to be "Bit Perfect" it really makes no sense, but the difference is quite obvious. For lack of a better description, there is a "digital quality" to the others that sounds unnatural and fatiguing.  Would love to know what JRiver did differently in this version.  Typically I use a Quad Core i7 or i5 Mac Mini as a server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up