INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio Latency / AV Sync Correction  (Read 3348 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
DSP Studio Latency / AV Sync Correction
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »

Wondering if anyone has run into this issue and found a solution.

I bitstream DTS, AC3, E-AC3 to my Surround DAC.  But, anything with an AAC audio track must go through DSP Studio.  Anytime I send audio to DSP Studio, I have set the AV Sync to -270.

Actually, I posted a question about this over a year ago  ::) For the past year, I just exit Theater View and go and manually set the AC Sync every time I watch a file with AAC Audio.  Then, go and change it back to 0 when it's over (or when switching to a bitstream format).  I'm hoping someone else has found a workaround that I've missed.

Any idea why DSP Studio adds so much latency?  Any fix?

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSP Studio Latency / AV Sync Correction
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:18:35 am »

Do any of the latency settings throughout MC make any difference?

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:59:11 pm »

Do any of the latency settings throughout MC make any difference?

Hey Tyler69 - I'm not sure what you're referring to; the only Latency Setting I know about is the A/V Sync Correction.  If I set it to -270 it fixes the DSP Studio latency; but then everything else (bitstreaming) is off.  So I have to put in the -270 for one file, then take it out for the next...then put it back in, etc.  Do you know of any other latency tweaks, or something that would tell MC "apply the -270 to DSP Studio, but leave everything else alone"

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:13:59 am »

I need to check later. I can never memorize where those settings reside..
Other than that you can try http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml and see the latency in your computer. Maybe lowering this will also have influence on your playback sync.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:00 am »

DSP Studio should be latency-neutral, its more likely that your Receiver handles latency differently between bitstreaming and receiving PCM audio.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 06:18:42 am »

DSP Studio should be latency-neutral, its more likely that your Receiver handles latency differently between bitstreaming and receiving PCM audio.

If I use VLC to play an AAC file; the DAC shows "PCM" on the readout; but the AV Sync is fine.  The issue is only occurs when going through DSP Studio on MC.

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 06:59:17 am »

Just thinking out loud here: Did you try the latency check? Did you look into your DAC options in MC if it offers latency settings (maybe buffering has some effect on latency?!)? Do dithering or resampling options differ in latency?

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »

Hey Tyler69, I did go through all of the buffering, resampling, etc. and nothing made any difference. The only time there is any latency is when Audio is processed with DSP Studio.  Bitstreaming and any other application (VLC, WMC) sync is perfect.  I'm totally stumped.

tyler69

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 04:16:46 am »

Did you try the latency check?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 06:48:47 pm »

Did you try the latency check?

The site says it isn't compatible with Windows 8, and doesn't mention Windows 10. Needs an update. Probably not helpful until then. Shame, I would have tried it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 01:33:46 am »

The site says it isn't compatible with Windows 8, and doesn't mention Windows 10. Needs an update. Probably not helpful until then. Shame, I would have tried it.
Try http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon instead

tyler69

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 01:50:02 am »

Installation using compatibility mode might do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up