INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media center crashes downloading to nomad II  (Read 1272 times)

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
media center crashes downloading to nomad II
« on: June 26, 2003, 02:45:12 am »

I just downloaded the trial version of media center9 and the nomad II plug-in. my mp3 player is NOMAD II DAP 3204. I have v3.04 firmware installed.

When i want to download the songs from the cd-rom to the NOMAD II, every time when i click the NOMAD II device queueing window, the whole program crashes.

This relates to the similar question posted in jukebox8 group. Can I download the songs directly from the cd-rom to my NOMAD II since the path is not recogonized by the program for some reason.

It is working if I download the songs stored in my hard disk, but not from the cd-rom.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: media center crashes downloading to nomad II
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 05:48:40 am »

tony_wk,

When downloading files to the Nomad, the files must be part of the MC library for it to work.  Try importing the files into the library and then transfer. What type of files are you trying to transfer? If they are not a filetype that is compatible with Nomad, you will also need to click on 'Options' to enable file type conversion for the upload to be successful.

Steve ( JRiver)

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 06:08:51 am »

Hi,
I did it in both way. Even after imported the .mp3 files from the cd-rom into the media library, the program still crashes if i attempt to open the download queue window.

thanks.

tony

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 07:36:18 am »

Tony,

If you have not already done so, please download the stand alone drivers for Nomad II from

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/drivers/welcome.asp?nsuflag=0&region=2&LangID=1033&sDestURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nomadworld.com%2Fdownloads%2Fdrivers%2Fwelcome.asp&OS=10&prod=52&Select=Get+Files&x=41&y=9

The file you are after is nomad2drivers.exe.  I think this will do the trick. If not, please let me know what OS you are running.

Steve

tony_wk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 03:14:45 am »

yes, I have installed the driver. my mp3 player works fine with any softwares.

one trick I found is before I send the mp3 from the media library view to the NOMAD II view, if I manually change the path of the file from <cd-rom label>\aa.mp3  eg. 2033-e45 \aa.mp3 to E:\aa.mp3 (while E: is my cd-rom ), then send it to the NOMAD II view, I can download the song successfully. If not doing this, the program still crashes even with the newest v9.1 software.

But I have to do this change every time I want to download the songs from the cd-rom. My existing media library containing the cd-rom mp3s will be useless.

thanks

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 07:51:24 am »

Tony,

The issue with downloading files from CD was definitely a bug. It is fixed in the next build of MC 9.1.  If that was your only remaining issue, you are all set.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up